New purchase T-55A Interior KIT

Andy350

I presume you mean one of the MiniArt kits?  I have a couple of these with interiors and they look very nice indeed.  However, the only one I'm planning to do with the interior exposed is a turretless South Lebanon Army T-54 APC.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

I presume you mean one of the MiniArt kits?  I have a couple of these with interiors and they look very nice indeed.  However, the only one I'm planning to do with the interior exposed is a turretless South Lebanon Army T-54 APC.

Yes, that's the one.  I hope I can complete in a reasonable finish.  I am expecting it to take a while.

48914489428_b05f0de359_b.jpg

Edited by Andy350

• 1 month later...

I've been watching someone on YouTube struggle with this build, and I'm concerned that I will have the same problems.  Maybe Interior kits might be too much of a challenge for me at this point.

Here is the YouTube link if anyone want to see what others have struggled with.   My kit is the late mod, so maybe some issues were fixed?

I can see that this gentleman’s issues are the beginners mistake of thinking everything will go together first time - I’d be taking that interior out and starting again. 

Edited by Raven101
Typographical error
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raven101 said:

I can see that this gentleman’s issues are the beginners mistake of thinking everything will go together first time - I’d be taking that interior out and starting again. 

Must admin, I've not had that luck with any of the builds I've worked on.

14 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

Must admin, I've not had that luck with any of the builds I've worked on.

Same here but we’ve both probably learned that the moulding process isn’t perfect and inconsistencies can and do occur - even out of the same mould. Trick is dry fit first, see where the problems are, work them, dry fit again then repeat until a snug fit. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Raven101 said:

Same here but we’ve both probably learned that the moulding process isn’t perfect and inconsistencies can and do occur - even out of the same mould. Trick is dry fit first, see where the problems are, work them, dry fit again then repeat until a snug fit. 

Dry fitting is something I should a bit more, during dry fit do you use any form of adhesive, just enough to hold parts in place, or nothing at all?

Not at all, you’re just offering up the piece to be fitted, tacking it down with a dab of glue would mean releasing it again afterwards. A great place to watch this in action would be Nigel’s Modelling Bench on YouTube, watch a few of his videos to see how he does it - his 1/24 Hellcat build is a great example of the step by step method. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...