MiniArt 1/35 Soviet 1,5 ton cargo truck

JeroenS

My little water tank arrived today so I made a start on assembly. It's a nice little thing, not bad at all for $8. 

20200205163533-a5e048ce-me.jpg

Major components are done. I want to make a start on painting the tank before I put on the taps and assorted stuff. Everything fits too, only thing was that the axle connection into the wheel hub was weird. It was never going to fit so I cut it off and inserted some brass rod which I'll cut to length later. Now I'm thinking what colour the tank should be. 

• Like 6

Hi all, this will be the final installment of this WIP, the truck itself is finished and I thought I'd share a few snaps. I'll make some decent pictures for the RFI. I'm still working on the water trailer, will finish that today I hope. I don't know yet if it will match the truck enough to make it into the final showing. Getting the wheels on took a bit of effort, as is the case with more parts of this kit they lacked proper attachment points so getting them centered and lined up was tricky. They all touch the ground so apparently I got there in the end. Anyway I'm pretty well pleased with how it turned out and it's just lovely to look at. The detail on this kit is amazing and I'm looking forward to doing more MiniArt kits, if only to further hone my fine motor skills which were properly challenged for this build 🙂 ... I even grew the nails on my left thumb and index finger a bit longer than usual to be able to grip some of the parts! 

Here are some "preview" pictures, more later in the RFI! Thanks a lot for the encouragements and comments along the way, much appreciated. 

20200205163534-653f86cb-me.jpg

20200205163534-fb587033-me.jpg

20200205163534-e22af9d4-me.jpg

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Cooper645 said:

I like this a lot, some very fine work on this and I look forward to seeing it I. The RFI hopefully with the trailer. 

coops

Hmm, I don't know yet. The trailer is quite a bit cruder than the truck. Also, I painted the drums in the same colour as the truck (like a "company colour") but I should have chosen a more offsetting colour. Don't know if I feel like painting again, as I had all the chipping done as well. 

• Like 1