HobbyBoss 1:48 A-7K Corsair II

7 hours ago, bbudde said:

That llooks great.  The kit also looks very detailed too. I heard about the critism of some shape issues, but too me it looks like an A-7. Good job.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Hook said:

Looking rather fetching!

Cheers,

Andre

1 hour ago, mungo1974 said:

Always great a SLUFF being built

Cheers guys ... there is quite a bit of detail that comes with the kit, especially the avionics bay and undercarriage wells. As shown the cockpit is busy enough and just needed a bit of detail on the seats, not 100% accurate but looks busier now rather than OOB.

Always liked the Corsair II and what drew me to it was the unusual blue grey camouflage. I certainly can't tell if the intake is too flat or not round enough !! 😜

Thanks for the comments, still a way to go, including deciding what ordinance to fit on the 8 pylons.  Plenty of choice supplied in the kit, cannot recommend it enough...and all for around £20

Best wishes 👍😄

Edited by MarkdipXV711
  • Like 1

Undercarriage failure - managed to snap off the port wheel after I stupidly decided to adjust the angle of the camber. A clean break with no chance of simply sticking back on ....

Fixed

Only thing I could do was to drill out the undercarriage leg and slot in a suitable size piece of metal. In this case,  I used the wire from inside of the Guinea pigs water bottle wire 🤣🤣

Fixed

Worked a treat and the right size. Just required some cutting and use of a file. The wheel also required the old plastic spigot to be drilled out.

Fixed

Port wheel back on and just some tidying up required. Phew !! 👍

Ps - Guinea Pig has a replacement water bottle so all good 😁

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Selection made for ordinance to hang on the 8 pylons and there is a huge selection,  absolutely spoiled for choice so I've opted for what will look pleasing on my eye,  not necessarily what actually was fitted.

This shows what the instructions say can be hung 

Pylon ordinance A-7K

I've chosen on size & colour and so will interest, so ...

Pylon ordinance A-7K

And ....

Pylon ordinance A-7K

Well it will do once I've painted 2 external fuel tanks, 2 sidewinders, a flir pod, a GBU-8 and an ALQ 131 & ALQ 119 pod.

That leaves me 12 x mk82 bombs, 12 x mk20 bombs, 2 GBU 10's and 6 maverick missiles .

I'm going to need a bigger box to store all these spares for future.

All selected stores just dry fitted and easily removed for the paint phase .

Cheers 👍

Edited by MarkdipXV711
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Calling this one done .. bar sourcing a couple of pitot or AI probes for the front.

A7-K Corsair II ( finished )

Managed to get all the little fiddly jobs done as hunkered down due to Storm Dennis.. as such no outdoor photos as yet. Was thinking about it but it was just a bit too windy ... 

When the weather improves I'll get some better pics up in RFI .

Meantime.. if you get a chance to source this kit.. get it as it's worth the relatively low purchase price and good fun.

Cheers 👋

• Like 6