Master Airbrush G233

Modelman9912

So I know that Master Airbrushes are known for their low quality and cheap price.  However, the Master Airbrush G233, which comes with three sizes of needles, has gotten pretty decent reviews on Amazon and was wondering if anyone else had any insight into whether or not it's a usable product.  I feel like I've already spent a lot of money on my model-making hobby and don't think I can spend more than $60 on a new airbrush.  I have also been looking at the Paasche TG-2L but it's a bit pricey and hasn't gotten the greatest reviews.  Any help or suggestions would be great.

The first things to ask on chinese brushes is, can you get spare parts and what is the warranty.   If the warranty is less than a year, I wouldn't touch it.  You only get what you pay for.  Have a look at some sparmax brushes, they are mid priced, have a large range, so you can get a brush for your application.  

Paul

It looks almost identical to a Fengda BD-180 except that the BD-180 has a built-in air control valve. Decent airbrushes, design inspired from Iwatas I'm guessing. Used mine for quite a few projects, can't really fault it. Only problem is the quality of the o-rings. Very sensitive rubber when it comes to hot thinners. 

If the budget is really tight I'd look at the entry levels from Sparmaxx, Iwata Neo, the Procon ones, maybe the Ultra from H&S. Yes, they cost a bit more money, but in the long term you'll be happy with them. PTFE seals (or solvent resistant rubber), better finishes on the sensitive parts and incredible ease of cleaning on the H&S design in particular.