Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

andyf117

What an amazing find, I never realised the full extent of the UK wide bombing, they were certainly busy and bombed some real out of the way places.

Cheers

Dennis

57 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Zoomed right in to find that even quiet Cornish locations around here were on the receiving end of a bomb or two as late as September 1942...

probably tip and run nuisance raiders that late.

29 minutes ago, spitfire said:

What an amazing find, I never realised the full extent of the UK wide bombing, they were certainly busy and bombed some real out of the way places.

Quite possibly due to bad navigation... 

An example, Lewes got bombed in Jan 43,  turns out it was a training raid, and they were trying to hit Horsham IIRC, I did some searching about a few years ago.

I got this book

Luftwaffe Fighter-Bombers Over Britain

The German Air Force's Tip and Run Campaign, 1942-43

luftwaffe-fighter-bombers-over-britain.j

and showed it to a friend who lives in Brighton, it has some photos taken by   a Fw190 pilot and he was recognising bit of Brighton from them.

One final point, does map include V1 hits, as they were pretty random by their nature.

16 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

One final point, does map include V1 hits, as they were pretty random by their nature.

Think it does, the date is right for the V1 hits at the church at Laughton and also The Old Mill, Ersham Rd, Hailsham 

• Thanks 1

Very interesting, although as mentioned it is inaccurate, if this is supposed to include just locations bombs fell, well it is for my family.  My Nan's house was in London and located very close to railway and not too far from a marshalling area, her road was bombed on several occasions she told me, these were strays no doubt, as we all know bombing wasn't accurate.  First time she lost all her windows and most tiles off the roof, second time the house next door was was severely damaged and had to be demolished, her house suffered wall and roof damage and again lost all it's widows.

Is there another part to this site, as this looks like it's just a map page, is there a main page?

Looks to lump groups of bombs into rough geographical locations rather than specific ‘hits’.

Missing some large raids (Yate, NE of Bristol has 4 raids listed, but misses out the raid on the Parnall factory that killed 54)

The map is missing information (roads that have existed pre-WW2 etc, but includes new industrial estates)

That said, it’s still very interesting and  potentially useful.

Edited by Muddyf