Hobbyboss 1/72 'Easy Kit' FW-190 D9

Another build from the recent past. The Hobbyboss Easy Assembly kits are great for a quick mojo restorer or paint experimentation. This was made to test out my airbrush mottle and fading patterns. Unfortunately some visible decal film lets it down a bit. Decals were from the spares box, paint was Vallejo. Thanks for looking.

IMG_20191013_232903

IMG_20191013_232841

IMG_20191013_232827

• Like 22

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking Dora ! :clap2:... Very interesting In the theoretical Pips Priller D9 markings. Did those come with the kit or were they psrt of a sheet ? Im doing a Priller series of aircraft and would be interested to know ? 

Thanks for the comments much appreciated. The decals and scheme were pinched from the ITALERI kit (no. 1312) and like you say there does seem to be some debate as to their accuracy  🤔

• Thanks 1

Nice job! One of my favorite a/c, I like your rendition of the late-war colors in particular.

These are indeed great kits for trying new techniques, or simply for a quick mojo restoration! I recently posted my rendition of this very kit, that I used for my first try at riveting.

6-A77-C515-E863-4169-9-E93-F2-AF7-EA278-

6-ACC1-A87-42-F5-48-C0-8406-6-CD38-F4-DB

It's a shame HobbyBoss doesn't work a little harder to build more accuracy and finesse into these, but that being said the Dora is one of the better ones, I've done a couple of them. I made a few quick tweaks to mine (reduce width of prop blades, shorten cowl flaps, steal bigger wheels from another kit), but the shapes are convincing out of the box, and it has some points that are outstanding.

Edited by MDriskill

On 17/10/2019 at 12:32, MDriskill said:

Nice job! One of my favorite a/c, I like your rendition of the late-war colors in particular.

These are indeed great kits for trying new techniques, or simply for a quick mojo restoration! I recently posted my rendition of this very kit, that I used for my first try at riveting.

6-A77-C515-E863-4169-9-E93-F2-AF7-EA278-

6-ACC1-A87-42-F5-48-C0-8406-6-CD38-F4-DB

It's a shame HobbyBoss doesn't work a little harder to build more accuracy and finesse into these, but that being said the Dora is one of the better ones, I've done a couple of them. I made a few quick tweaks to mine (reduce width of prop blades, shorten cowl flaps, steal bigger wheels from another kit), but the shapes are convincing out of the box, and it has some points that are outstanding.

That's superb! You wouldn't think it was the same kit 👍