• Anything But Injection
    • MTO GB III
    • North American Aviation
    • Yanks Abroad
    • Stranger In Town
    • Chopper / Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB
    • In The Navy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/19 at 23:59

well once again very little action overnight, one member voted swapped votes, don't know, position the same.

GB%20Poll%20change%2026-11-XL.jpg

Come on folks times running out to swap your votes, as it stands my prediction may turn out to be true! I'll be insufferable if proven correct.....ok more than usual!! :D :tease:

Ok so start playing musical chairs with the GB's! 

remember it's all over when the fat lady sits......or crash tackles you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I plan to keep you lot in suspenders and not say too much yet, but theres has been movement in the last 10 hours!

The Metamucil appears to be work and the blockage of vote changing has been released!! It's only minor for the moment, only 5 votes appear to have been swapped so far...but is this the start!! Will the poll be finally unblocked, will there be relief!!! :D

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!   

• Like 1

I know that some of you are starting to plan your builds for next year and I'm at it too :).

One thing that's immediately obvious is that I won't be able to participate in every GB that I'd like to - there are just too many!  I'm going to have to be selective.

In an ideal world, I'd be relaxed enough to go with the flow and just build what I fancied at the time.  Unfortunately though, that's never going to happen - I need a plan!

My current strategy (it may change ;)), has two prongs:

• don't build any aircraft that I've built before
  • try to chose subjects that tick the box for more than one GB

So using this rationale, I won't be building any Spifires, Lanacasters, Stukas or He.111s.

The Buccaneer, Corsair and Tornado STGBs would be good though and could also cover off 'In the Navy' and 'Journey's End'.

Needless to say, 'Kit you built as a Kid' is a definite no no!

As a guiding principle at the moment I'm thinking maybe 12 builds next.  Let's see what happens though....

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

@CliffB I like your idea, but you know you've forgotten the most important thing with this post!!!!

A bad joke! :D

P.S.

Docker's Wife 1:  My husband works for Cunard.

Docker's Wife 2:  Mine's pretty conscientious too. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

I know that some of you are starting to plan your builds for next year and I'm at it too :).

One thing that's immediately obvious is that I won't be able to participate in every GB that I'd like to - there are just too many!  I'm going to have to be selective.

In an ideal world, I'd be relaxed enough to go with the flow and just build what I fancied at the time.  Unfortunately though, that's never going to happen - I need a plan!

My current strategy (it may change ;)), has two prongs:

• don't build any aircraft that I've built before
  • try to chose subjects that tick the box for more than one GB

So using this rationale, I won't be building any Spifires, Lanacasters, Stukas or He.111s.

The Buccaneer, Corsair and Tornado STGBs would be good though and could also cover off 'In the Navy' and 'Journey's End'.

Needless to say, 'Kit you built as a Kid' is a definite no no!

As a guiding principle at the moment I'm thinking maybe 12 builds next.  Let's see what happens though....

Cheers

Cliff

Spreadsheets are your friend.  And can be fun too.  :whistle:

One of us!  One of us!  One of us!  :wicked:

• Haha 3

I'm holding off forming a plan until the calendar is sorted out as there could be the potential for some multiple build projects to span a few of the GBs and STGB.

• Like 1

Two pieces of tarmac are sat in a pub discussing their origins.

"I'm from a motorway", says the first.

"Nice," says the second. "I'm from a major A road".

A third piece of tarmac walks in and the first shouts "Hello mate!  Where are you from?"

The second nudges the first and urgently whispers "Oh my god! Don't talk to him.  He's an utter cyclepath!" 

• Haha 5

The other day, my wife asked me to pass her lipstick but I accidentally passed her a glue stick. She still isn't talking to me.

I told my wife she drew her eyebrows too high. She seemed surprised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What’s the last thing a tickle me Elmo gets before it leaves the toy factory? Two test tickles.

a bear walks into a bar and says to the barman “can I have a ......... beer please”

barman: sure, but why the pause?

bear: I was born with them!

• Haha 4

.....and just when you think things maybe almost done and dusted someone comes and throws a spanner in the works!!

2 new votes overnight and more vote changing. GB's I would have considered a certainty now maybe not so certain!!

GB%20Poll%20change%2027-11-XL.jpg

Hmmm the new voters are interesting! :hmmm:Between the 2 of them they only selected 6 choices (it's ok I'm looking at different numbers)....interesting!

Things are only going to get weirder the closer we get to the end!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My dog used to chase people on a bike a lot. It got so bad, finally I had to take his bike away.

My friend says to me: "What rhymes with orange" I said: "No it doesn't"

What do you call a frenchman wearing sandals? Phillipe Phillope.

• Haha 4

gosh folks I may have to start posting these charts twice a day, as the strategic voting has now started!!!! No new votes but plenty of vote moving!

GB's that looked certain to be in for next year may now miss out! Bugga I wonder if Ikea does returns!!

GB%20Poll%20change%2027%20pm-11-XL.jpg

The top 3 should (maybe...) be safe, the bottom 3 or 4  should start the same, but for the rest its now open season!!! There will be blood, there will be carnage, there will be more bad jokes.......now this is what the Annual GB Bum Fight is all about!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Excuse me sir, there's been a little problem in the cockpit…

The cockpit…what is it?

It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now.

Joey, you ever been in a cockpit before?

No, sir, I've never been up in a plane before.

Joey, you ever…seen a grown man naked? Do you…like movies about gladiators?..........

...............Joey, have you ever been…in a Turkish Prison?

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

gosh folks I may have to start posting these charts twice a day, as the strategic voting has now started!!!! No new votes but plenty of vote moving!

GB's that looked certain to be in for next year may now miss out! Bugga I wonder if Ikea does returns!!

GB%20Poll%20change%2027%20pm-11-XL.jpg

The top 3 should (maybe...) be safe, the bottom 3 or 4  should start the same, but for the rest its now open season!!! There will be blood, there will be carnage, there will be more bad jokes.......now this is what the Annual GB Bum Fight is all about!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Excuse me sir, there's been a little problem in the cockpit…

The cockpit…what is it?

It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now.

Joey, you ever been in a cockpit before?

No, sir, I've never been up in a plane before.

Joey, you ever…seen a grown man naked? Do you…like movies about gladiators?..........

...............Joey, have you ever been…in a Turkish Prison?

These people need to go to a hospital.

What is it?

It's a big place where sick people go But that’s not important right now

i think (having just prematurely spent a bundle on a viggen) i now have to vote against the group build i’m supposed to host in order to help ensure the viggen can get built in the Scandinavian GB! Interesting...

is that ethical?

Edited by Dansk
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dansk said:

i think (having just prematurely spent a bundle on a viggen) i now have to vote against the group build i’m supposed to host in order to help ensure the viggen can get built in the Scandinavian GB! Interesting...

is that ethical?

it's all part of the fun that is GB's.

I have already planned out all my builds with contingencies just incase! Other than the last 4 all the other have builds assigned to them......not that I'll necessarily build them!

• Like 1