• Anything But Injection
    • MTO GB III
    • North American Aviation
    • Yanks Abroad
    • Stranger In Town
    • Chopper / Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB
    • In The Navy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/19 at 23:59

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I would ask the host of "in the Navy" about that one, it did do actual carrier trials....if you really wanted to build it just check.

:D for "in the Navy" I do have resin Sea Fury (another one) and the Panther both in 1/32nd, and if the Vietnam one gets up then there's the Skyraider Conversion (again 1/32nd) plus the 1/48th B-57G.

...and who knows what I m might find between now and then! :D

I thought you weren’t talking about “in the Navy” anymore 😃. Good to see your not missing your fix!

14 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Yup. It's weird!

I am very sorry about "Anything but Injection" too. In the expectation that it was a cert, I got various bits of Supermarine Attacker and Swift for a Maintrack Supermarine 510 vacform at the Nationals last week. That doesn't really fit any of the GB topics for next year. I see that spitefuls and seafangs are acceptable in the spitfire/seafire GB but it would be a very very late spiteful!

Ah, well. I suppose I could do it not-in-a-groupbuild.

Alan 

From what I can find at least one flew for the FAA and from a carrier, it was still classed as a prototype but they had it, it was real and it was under the command of a Navy... however, and this is odd I would encourage you to vote for another GB as ‘in the Navy’ is 20 pointS ahead of the closest GB! (Don’t all stop voting for it!!)

Rob

• Haha 1

Yup! The type 528 flew off a carrier but it also had some difference in the rear fuselage, according to the BAe systems website, so I dunno. I could just build it...or do something else and come back to it.

I've already voted and I didn't vote for in the Navy. I see too that anything but injection is only 4 votes off qualifying, so one never knows.

Alan

• Like 1

ok I hadn't planned to post a chart but since yesterday we've had some new votes in and some juggling!

GB%20Poll%20change%2018-11-XL.jpg

as can been seen the top runners and those most likely to be in next years GB have lost a vote each......now where could they have gone to....."anything but Injection"?

Has Pat's blue pills finally start to wear off (Mrs Jockney will probably be glad of that as he was scaring the children! "But Daddy Pinnioccio is meant to have a big nose!!!") Col still looks too have plenty of juice in his rocket........maybe he's found Pat's blue pills!

It's only going to get more exciting as the countdown to the end draws near........so will my bad jokes! :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

It's only going to get more exciting as the countdown to the end draws near........so will my bad jokes! :D

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Interesting that the tactical voting has started already.

Its beginning to look like we can't predict any other than the top three making it through.

What's worse is we've another 12 days to go. Part of me wants to ignore this thread 'til then and only look once the results are announced as the excitement, or maybe Rich's jokes, is all getting too much for me :lol: Regardless of how it all goes I know it's going to be a great year for GBs and STGBs :thumbsup:

• Like 5

On 11/15/2019 at 8:53 PM, trickyrich said:

.....well ok how about this then.... Pat can be the Indian and Enzo the Cowboy???

Fair enough, but who's going to be the VietCong? (Movie reference, sort of.)

Also, I utterly fail to understand the point of changing your vote - if you didn't like what you voted for, why did you vote for it?

• Like 2

well no new votes overnight, still sitting at 143 members voted......but there has been some busy little Beavers at work though!!

As can be seen theres been a real flurry of vote changing going on and we still have 12 days to go!!!!

GB%20Poll%20change%2019-11-XL.jpg

A lot the visible movement strangely is happening to GB's not close to the cutoff......which is odd because those movements won't affect the final out come......odd. 

What I can't see of tell is vote changes that have cancelled out someone else's change and I would guess there has been some of those to....it's only going to get more interesting as time goes on.

Plus of real interest the group above the line and the group below the line (of course) are exactly the same as they were on the 4th of November! All that has changed is some of the position within the 2 groups. Could these groups be how the poll finishes??

So Pat's having "Blue Pill" flashbacks....so folks that's not a gun in his pocket! Col's pocket rocket maybe starting to fizzle out....did it explode? And someone's been handing out those "Stranger Danger" flyers buy the looks of it!

Maybe this will help flag poor old "Pocket Rocket"!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Has Pat's blue pills finally start to wear off (Mrs Jockney will probably be glad of that as he was scaring the children! "But Daddy Pinnioccio is meant to have a big nose!!!") Col still looks too have plenty of juice in his rocket........maybe he's found Pat's blue pills!

It's minus 6 here tonight, :cold:so more Tiny Tim than Pinocchio despite any amount of blue piled assistance :sorry:

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Rob G said:

Also, I utterly fail to understand the point of changing your vote - if you didn't like what you voted for, why did you vote for it?

I think the point is that some folks have one or two particular favourites that they would really like to get through.  As the voting develops (and it becomes apparent that not all of their chosen seven are going to get through), then they may be forced to sacrifice some of their initial choices in order to protect their favourites.

Put another way, if you have four of your initial choices competing for the last two places, then you may need to prioritise.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CliffB said:

I think the point is that some folks have one or two particular favourites that they would really like to get through.  As the voting develops (and it becomes apparent that not all of their chosen seven are going to get through), then they may be forced to sacrifice some of their initial choices in order to protect their favourites.

Very well put: my thoughts as well.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

well no new votes overnight, still sitting at 143 members voted......but there has been some busy little Beavers at work though!!

As can be seen theres been a real flurry of vote changing going on and we still have 12 days to go!!!!

At the end of the bunfight, can you show a diagram of new votes cast on each day the poll was running?

And similar for any previous years of the poll.

I'd suggest that most new votes are cast in the first few days, certainly a week.

If that proves to be the case, it would conclude that in these time of global internet access,  the bunfight can be wrapped up in a much shorter period - I'd think a week.

The remaining time simply enables vote changing - which just sounds so wrong.

Over to the vote owner for consideration for next time.

• Like 1

other than the 2nd of November I have a list of votes cast for each day...though I didn't record the number of members that cast votes each day until recently. I only started to be interested in that lately.

It should be possible to do it but to what end? The "GB Poll" is one of the few poles around (possibly the only) that allows you to change your vote after you voted, but is that necessarily wrong?

We initially vote for what we like but not necessarily what is generally like but is it what we really want to see go through? Those with strong likes will not change their original choices, but there are probably a lot who have choices/favourites or not so favourites more than they can vote for. So as the voting progresses they start to re-align their choices and sort of go with the crowd.

And in the end is this style of voting, is where you can change your votes really that bad? As a result we do get the most popular GB's going through!

The only issue is when the GB's actually starts, a lot of these members who voted for it don't actually build anything in the end! The participation is often lower than the votes received!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

The only issue is when the GB's actually starts, a lot of these members who voted for it don't actually build anything in the end! The participation is often lower than the votes received!

But nowadays we can all see who's voted for each GB! :fight:

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Guilty.....  :sorry:

:P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

28 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Guilty.....  :sorry:

:P

Likewise guilty, in my defence, I will vote for those GB's I wish to participate in only to find that they're being held when I'm studying and I don't have time to participate.  Annoyingly I have a longer study period this year but the good news it's the last year so I shall be able to participate properly :party:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

We shouldn't be able to.  I haven't made voter names public.

It may not be intentional but is visible. I think if you touch the # below the group build subject the names pop up. Similar to the effect you get if you tap on the # of likes to a post. Maybe a software glitch ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle