• Anything But Injection
    • MTO GB III
    • North American Aviation
    • Yanks Abroad
    • Stranger In Town
    • Chopper / Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB
    • In The Navy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/19 at 23:59

..and they are (only my predictions)

Small Wars II

MTO III

Built as  kid

Nth American Aviation 

Vietnam

I think these are the ones to watch, 5 GB's for 3 position, this will be where all the strategic voting will happen!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really disappointed to see "Anything but Injection" falling down the pecking order.

Poor Rich won't get his fix of resin dust (don't do that at home kids) in this GB unless things turn around ! 

Me too. This was the one I was really hoping would get up, there would have been some really interesting builds.

• Like 2

........mean while back to the poll. :whistle:

there has been moment!! "in the Navy" is so far head now I can't be bothered talking about it any more and the poor old Labour Party "British AFV's" & "Stranger in Town" look to be permanent cellar dwellers. With the now real possibility they'll be joined by the Democrat's "Yank's Aboard" & "90's NATO"!

Pat's little "Blue Pill's" and Col's rockets have seen them cross the magic number!

Plus I reckon you need to start going through the Ikea catalogue as well.

So the race is really about can the Villages Idiots get the band back together the middle 6 and who is and isn't going to make it!

GB%20Poll%20change%2017-11-XL.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

arrr I should point out that those changes only occurred since I updated the poll yesterday, I do it everyday but don't post them.

I might change how I show the change thingy's so it represents the difference in votes from the last poll I posted rather than all my hidden ones. It might make a bit more sense!

....or next years poll!

ok this now shows the movement since Friday's posted poll chart to this mornings (well now).

GB%20Poll%20change%2017-11%20revised-XL.

now you can better see the movement.......plus it may now start to frighten members into changing their votes! :hmmm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dansk said:

@trickyrich i can’t recall - what happens to those GB’s that don’t make it?

The ones that don't make it this year, get an automatic entry for next year's bunfight.  Unless of course this year's entry was a bye from last year.  In that case they have to start the process all over again.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really disappointed to see "Anything but Injection" falling down the pecking order.

Poor Rich won't get his fix of resin dust (don't do that at home kids) in this GB unless things turn around ! 

Aye, it could have been a great learning experience and motivator. It ought to get a free pass! If not the members vote, can’t  the poll be run in North Korean mode?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

Aye, it could have been a great learning experience and motivator. It ought to get a free pass! If not the members vote, can’t  the poll be run in North Korean mode?

Maybe we need to find a Russian to hack the vote!

• Haha 3

I ran the original "non-Injection Moulded" GB a few years back now. It was really successful with a good number of entries (and completed ones too) in the different fields. 

There was good interest for a second one but it barely moved off the bottom.

Unfortunately GB interests are like Fashion, the subject can be hot one year but not the next.

Except those GB's/STGB's in their 3rd or 4th re-hash are like those daggy old clothes your misses wants you to throw out for something new but you just can't bring yourself to do it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Oh I'm quite sure Rich will be giving air to his resin fetish in every other GB he partakes regardless ;) 

Edited by Col.
  • Haha 2

Yup. It's weird!

I am very sorry about "Anything but Injection" too. In the expectation that it was a cert, I got various bits of Supermarine Attacker and Swift for a Maintrack Supermarine 510 vacform at the Nationals last week. That doesn't really fit any of the GB topics for next year. I see that spitefuls and seafangs are acceptable in the spitfire/seafire GB but it would be a very very late spiteful!

Ah, well. I suppose I could do it not-in-a-groupbuild.

Alan 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Angus Tura said:

I am very sorry about "Anything but Injection" too. In the expectation that it was a cert, I got various bits of Supermarine Attacker and Swift for a Maintrack Supermarine 510 vacform at the Nationals last week. That doesn't really fit any of the GB topics for next year. 

I would ask the host of "in the Navy" about that one, it did do actual carrier trials....if you really wanted to build it just check.

32 minutes ago, Col. said:

Oh I'm quite sure Rich will be giving air to his resin fetish in every other GB he partakes regardless ;) 

:D for "in the Navy" I do have resin Sea Fury (another one) and the Panther both in 1/32nd, and if the Vietnam one gets up then there's the Skyraider Conversion (again 1/32nd) plus the 1/48th B-57G.

...and who knows what I m might find between now and then! :D

• Like 3

I have to admit I too voted for the Naval GB though - some year ago I bought a Bid Ed set on big discount for the big tailed beast, and a gb is a big motivator to deal with all that teeny weeny PE (more than I expected!).

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 1

Hello, is there a post somewhere that list  GB's that automatically made it into 2020?  I believe there are two (BoB and VE to VJ Day due to being anniversaries), but are there any others?

regards,

Jack

On 11/15/2019 at 6:34 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Okay, here is the official list of GB and STGB dates for 2020.    Note that there could be an extra GB at some point, if we get a tie for seventh place in the bunfight.  Goodness knows how I'm going to fit it in, but I'll find a way.

2020 1                             Sat, 18 Jan 20     Sun, 10 May 20

Ju87 Stuka STGB               Sat, 11 Jan 20     Sun, 12 Apr 20

2020 2                              Sat, 15 Feb 20    Sun, 7 Jun 20

Lancaster STGB II              Sat, 29 Feb 20    Sun, 31 May 20

2020 3                             Sat, 21 Mar 20   Sun, 12 Jul 20

Spitfire / Seafire STGB        Sat, 11 Apr 20    Sun, 12 Jul 20

2020 4                              Sat, 25 Apr 20    Sun, 16 Aug 20

Buccaneer STGB                 Sat, 2 May 20     Sun, 2 Aug 20

Journey's End GB               Fri, 8 May 20      Sat, 15 Aug 20

Corsair STGB                      Fri, 29 May 20    Sun, 30 Aug 20

Blitzbuild 2020a                 Sat, 23 May 20   Mon, 25 May 20

2020 5                              Sat, 27 Jun 20     Sun, 18 Oct 20

T-34 STGB                         Sat, 13 Jun 20     Sun, 13 Sep 20

Battle of Britain GB            Fri, 10 Jul 20       Sat, 31 Oct 20

Heinkel He111 STGB         Sat, 25 Jul 20      Sun, 25 Oct 20

2020 6                              Sat, 22 Aug 20    Sun, 13 Dec 20

Tornado Warning STGB     Sat, 5 Sep 20       Sun, 6 Dec 20

Blitzbuild 2020b                Sat, 29 Aug 20    Mon, 31 Aug 20

Heller:  Classic GB              Sat, 3 Oct 20       Sun, 24 Jan 21

Panther STGB                    Sat, 10 Oct 20     Sun, 10 Jan 21

KUTA XIII GB                     Sat, 7 Nov 20      Sun, 7 Feb 21

2020 7                              Sat, 14 Nov 20    Sun, 7 Mar 21

Most of the GBs start on a Saturday.  Some start on other days.  There is a reason for that...  :) 

here it is

• Thanks 1