• Anything But Injection
    • MTO GB III
    • North American Aviation
    • Yanks Abroad
    • Stranger In Town
    • Chopper / Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB
    • In The Navy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/19 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I wonder how much  change will occur in those 3 weeks? I have a feeling that we have probably already reached the final positioning.

I'm guessing that there could still be some changes at the margin at least :popcorn:

Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised that the Scandinavian vote is holding up so well.  One of the few options I think, that hasn't been run before.  I desperately need an excuse to build this - a kit with an impeccable provenance!

P1110013.jpg 

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, CliffB said:

I'm guessing that there could still be some changes at the margin at least :popcorn:

Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised that the Scandinavian vote is holding up so well.  One of the few options I think, that hasn't been run before.  I desperately need an excuse to build this - a kit with an impeccable provenance!

P1110013.jpg 

Cheers

Cliff

Now you look after her and build her as well as I know you can Cliff!

Can't remember if you got her from me on BM or from a model show?

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Now you look after her and build her as well as I know you can Cliff!

Can't remember if you got her from me on BM or from a model show?

It was from your club table at Cosford a couple of years ago.  You were off spending money at the time!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CliffB said:

It was from your club table at Cosford a couple of years ago.  You were off spending money at the time!

That sounds about right, the stash rarely actually shrinks, in fact it slowly expands!

I'm also really pleased that the Scandinavian GB looks like it will get through, I might even build Hasegawa's bigger 1/48 brother for it in Finnish markings. Mind you I have quite a few kits that meet the criteria with suitable markings and have a liking of Finnish aircraft from the Winter War and WWII.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CliffB said:

P1110013.jpg 

Cheers

Cliff

Im planning on the 1/72nd or 1/48th version myself. Not sure on the markings yet though. Most likely Swedish but the Austrian, Danish, or Finnish examples also look good. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

ok time for the end of the week chart. :yahoo: :cheers:

GB%20Poll%20change%2008-11-XL.jpg

there we go nice and big for those who's eyes are stuff from doing way too much fiddly PE stuff!! :wacko:

As can easily be seen "in the Navy"  is in the lead and in the builds for next year.

....and at the other end.......well I'm not a betting man on those 2.

The rest.... I suspect there'll be some serious shuffling of votes later on as it's still wide open for those remaining spots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I tried but just too many great options this year. There is still 3 weeks, and if not next year ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

It's a pity we didn't have a couple of "Single Interest Group" GB's each year, say something sort of in-between STGB and GB. Not limited to a single type as a STGB but a bit more constraint than most of the GB's in the vote this year.

British AFV's would fit that perfectly, Tiger Meet Aircraft, SAR Helo's, there's lots more but the poor old brain isn't quite away yet! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

ok time for the end of the week chart. :yahoo: :cheers:

GB%20Poll%20change%2008-11-XL.jpg

there we go nice and big for those who's eyes are stuff from doing way too much fiddly PE stuff!! :wacko:

As can easily be seen "in the Navy"  is in the lead and in the builds for next year.

The rest.... I suspect there'll be some serious shuffling of votes later on as it's still wide open for those remaining spots. 

I’m genuinely shock at in the navy, which as I proposed the GB I probably shouldn’t admit!

looks like I will have to dust off my airfix HMS Belfast...

gutted North America Aviation, Yanks Abroad and Stranger in Town have dropped. Still a really good range of GB’s currently in the top spots.

• Like 1

ok here's the latest chart based on the change of votes from Friday.

GB%20Poll%20change%2011-11-XL.jpg

as can be seen "in the Navy" is sailing off into the sunset, and at the other end........the bottom 2 (or 3) may have already been decided. If I was to have a guess I'd say there are 8 builds fighting for 4 slots!

Ok and as our Dear Leader mentioned, there has been an overnight change (for me) in the votes. "in the Navy, "Interceptor", "Choppers", & "Nth American Aviation" have all lost a vote, but "Stranger in Town" has gained a vote???

I'm not sure what was going on there, normally votes move from one spot to another, not just disappear completely. Plus the "Members voted #" hasn't changed so someone has changed their mind.

This hasn't in anyway affected the overall positions, but not quite 2 weeks in and the shuffling may have already started!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1