• Anything But Injection
    • MTO GB III
    • North American Aviation
    • Yanks Abroad
    • Stranger In Town
    • Chopper / Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB
    • In The Navy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/19 at 23:59

14 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

so here's the first position update in cool "dark mode". 

GB%20Poll%2004-11-L.jpg

The current order hasn't changed too much over the weekend, there's a bit of a bun fight around the middle (those 3 are in no particular order it's just how they sit on the sheet). One strange thing I did see NATO 90's dropped 2 votes since I last checked last night. A bit early for strategic voting.

That Yellow vertical line is the predicted number a GB needs to reach to make it through based on previous poll. Will be interesting to see if I got this number right or not.

This is way better than the eurovision song contest 😁

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Dansk said:

This is way better than the eurovision song contest 😁

Especially as there’s no ‘special song’ entry from Australia this time round, although after a couple of ales I’m sure we can change all that.. how’s your Kylie Minogue lip-sinking going these days Rich??  

Cheers.. Dave (yet to cast his votes)

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

One strange thing I did see NATO 90's dropped 2 votes since I last checked last night. A bit early for strategic voting.

That would be me, 🙋🏻‍♂️ Not so much strategic voting Rich. I was on the fence about a build or two and changed my mind. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Especially as there’s no ‘special song’ entry from Australia this time round, although after a couple of ales I’m sure we can change all that.. how’s your Kylie Minogue lip-sinking going these days Rich??  

Cheers.. Dave (yet to cast his votes)

I was just about to say that...give me a few Rums and I'll start trying to sing that Angles song....the Aussie rude version! :D

Angels - am I ever gonna see your face again - the rude version! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I was just about to say that...give me a few Rums and I'll start trying to sing that Angles song....the Aussie rude version! :D

Was gonna ask “Do you know any Chisel songs?”, although I wasn’t sure if anyone outside this sun bleached land would know what I’m getting at!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I'm afraid being an Angels fan from way back the rude version has butchered the original, what topped it for me was when I was at a 'Pure Gold' Aussie 80s groups concert a few years ago in Sydney and as a 'tribute' to Doc Neeson's passing the artists in a finale sang this and all they did was sing the rude chorus over and over again as they did not know the rest of the words. Very dissapointed...

Back to the the subject at hand, I usually vote straight away and I am hanging off this year to see how things pan out. Fortunately for me there are only around 4 GBs that float my boat this year, including 'In the Navy' :D

ok last from me today. I've just finished the proper chart I'll use for the rest of this event. Similar to the previous but this shows the way the votes are changing as the poll progresses. This is where you'll see where all the strategic voting is happening. Green for votes gained and red for lost, those above the line make it, those below....maybe next year. Plus my prediction of the number of votes needed to go through.

GB%20Poll%20change%2004-11-L.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm still a little shocked about "In the Navy".  I didn't think we were even going to get it in the bunfight....and not only did we get it in, but it's come out swinging.  :o

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry @Col. i know it stinks with me changing and losing a vote. Look at it this way you're still ahead with more votes than me and the British Armored group build. We will both get a 2nd chance next year. 

No worries Dennis :D I've decided to avoid any attempts to influence the voting for the time being and let everyone choose for themselves. There's too many great options for GBs next year and while some ideas will have to loose out there should hopefully be ample opportunities for a good range of subjects outwith the dedicated GBs which don't make the cut.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Howzat? 

Sounds like you would also know the Aussie icon band ‘Skyhooks’ as well Enzo? I wonder if their name was a play on Skyhawk?? Another cunning plan hey, always up to something aren’t you! 
Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

15 hours ago, helios16v said:

I'm still a little shocked about "In the Navy".  I didn't think we were even going to get it in the bunfight....and not only did we get it in, but it's come out swinging.  :o

I know! Really happy with how it’s playing out, only just got into the bun fight and it’s at the top (for now).... maybe it because I resurrected a nearly 4 year old thread and had to get everyone to sign up again!

thank you for all your support keeping the thread alive and getting people to sign up!

Rob

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oh... Im curious now ? 

I'd be worried on both accounts Dennis!!! 

A cunning plan??? What could possibly go wrong!

... and Sherbet!!!  :doh:

Enzo mustn't have gotten past his "Teeny Bopper" days! :rofl2:

• Like 2

ok back to the important stuff. The big movers in the poll still include "in the Navy", she steaming ahead! 

"British AVF's" have finally found 2nd gear and are now rumbling along......will they find 3rd??

The "Interceptors" have "in the navy" insight....will they catch them??

Are we entering a new golden age of "Nth American Aviation" or are there just more "Yank Abroad"?

..and finally how much more lift can @JOCKNEY get out of his home-built "Chopper"?

Stay turn for the next thrilling update to the biggest poll of the year that is the  "Brexit #44"  "2020 GB Poll". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ok interesting/useless facts time, from 2016, 2017, & 2019 polls;

• # votes for leading GB: 47 (made in Britain), 44 (Carriers Ahoy), 56 (in the Navy) 
  • by this time in 2017 94 members had vote to 96
  • the trailing build in 2017 14 (80's Frontline Asia), 2019 24 (British AFV's)
  • Like 1