• Anything But Injection
    • MTO GB III
    • North American Aviation
    • Yanks Abroad
    • Stranger In Town
    • Chopper / Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB
    • In The Navy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/19 at 23:59

We are getting very close to the start of the annual bunfight.  By my reckoning there are 8 GBs competing for 7 slots.

I have set the poll up ready to go, but you can't post any votes yet.   Ain't I a meany?  :D

The poll will open at 0001 on Friday 1 November and will close at 2359 on Saturday 30 November.  All timings are UK local.

The poll list is not set in stone.  If you have a favourite subject that has reached the threshold (30 statements of interest), please let me know.  Feel free to reply to this thread.

I've noticed over the past few years that the first slot in the year isn't too popular as there is little time to get things organised between the end of the bunfight and the start of the GB.   With that in mind, I have pushed the start of the first GB back to Saturday 18 January.  That should give us 6 weeks between getting the calendar sorted and the start of the first GB. 

For those GBs which are nearing the threshold - bump those threads! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've noticed over the past few years that the first slot in the year isn't too popular as there is little time to get things organised between the end of the bunfight and the start of the GB.   With that in mind, I have pushed the start of the first GB back to Saturday 18 January.

If and I know this is a big IF i get the British Armor build through I actually want that 1st slot. It would end right around the time my Corsair ST starts. That will end right around the time my Mk.V Panther ST starts. So its really my only option. Of course that all hangs on wether or not the build gets through the Bunfight. 

Dennis

• Like 2

Good morning enzo

I would like to know what is the deadline for candidates to be selected to the poll ?

Because the MTO III GB needs just one more name to pass the 30 members threshold ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 2

I was almost tempted to vote now just to mess up things/annoy people!! :tease:

But no wait........

........this old chestnut is back....

.........new and improved........

....complete with bribing details opps! :whistle:......

.........the infamous GB Voting Chart!!!  :yahoo:

2020%20GB%20Voting-M.jpg

...ok it's a rehash of the old 2017 one.

There was an early concern by yours truly that there may not have been enough GB's for a vote! But now there looks to be a possible proper bun/cat/limp lettuce leaf fight on or hands for that elusive 7 spots. We currently have 10 eligible GB's with a possible 3(?) more by start of voting. 

For those who don't remember (or trying to forget) the chart posting is quite irregular and depends on how the votings going and the movement due to strategic voting......and how lazy busy with GB's I am. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Can you vote for several? - theres a bunch of exciting choices

you can vote for up to 7 GB's or just the ones you're interested in. Most just vote for what they're interested in.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Ok...I'm an American so I am in the dark....  What is a bunfight? 

I found this definition:

A sustained, overblown argument about a petty matter, usually personal in nature to the participants but not to everyone else.

Bring it on. . .

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Ok...I'm an American so I am in the dark....  What is a bunfight?  

Also...isn't there already a 2020 GB schedule somewhere?  

I might take 2020 off and just build a lot of different models...🤗

Hey John - Just think of Gunfight at the OK Corral with sticky buns instead of guns - it could have turned out so much better ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

OK...so I can pick 7 out of the 8...?  Or at least no more than 8, and maybe less than 7, as long as I don't proceed to 8?  

Is there a list of what has already been approved for 2020?

Yes you can vote for up to 7 of the 13 possibles as of right now. The only ones approved are the single types and those are already in the future builds section. I don't think the schedule like this one,

is made up until after the bunfight. 

Dennis

12 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Is there a list of what has already been approved for 2020?

The only GBs that have been approved for 2020 are the historical and classic ones:  Battle of Britain, Journey's End and Heller Classic.  All the others are in the poll.

9 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Ok.  I think  am getting it...Thanks Enzo!

Sorry...what's 'MTO GB III'?

Mediterranean theatre of operations Group Biuld III(3) it’s the third because it’s the best and most interesting theatre of operations.... obviously 😃....   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

.....what you mean I can't bring my bat to the bun fight???? :fight:

There were a few members I wanted to have a chat to...........and they know who they are!!

Oooo and the new and improved "chart" is now sexy!!! :yikes:

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It's like a gunfight except we use bread-based commestibles...  :D 

In the interests of being environmentally friendly only out-of-date / past their best-before-date buns will be allowed. The mouldier the better. Any cream must be well off. Stale Rock cakes may only be thrown from Betelgeuse in an under-arm toss. Custard flans are particularly favoured

• Haha 1