Anyone know what these might be from?

TheVoidDragon

A few weeks/months ago while at an Air Show (UK) I bought some fairly nice quality paper with various flight-related artwork on them, figured they were nice art and would look good framed. I've realized since that every piece has a number at the bottom on both sides (45, 197, 91 etc with the other side being the next number, so seems like a page number), and most of them are double-sided with text on the back talking about what's on the front, implying they're pages from something. They're also all the same format (other than 1 or 2 that are different, but they had a few of that style too though) and they had other non-military stuff too. The numbers and style makes me think they must be taken from a book or something, and  i've tried searching for some of the art (they all have the name on them) but not been able to find anything about them. I have found a lot of these prints or whatever they are at absurd prices being sold by someone on Ebay though, the same ones I either have or saw where i got them from, just with a frame added.

Here's a photo of some of what i have to show the style of thing i mean:

Spoiler

CZXXWeO.jpg

Spoiler

YiIR450.jpg

Really can't figure out specifically why they seem to have page numbers on them and considering others have the same things i do in the same style, they must come from or be available somewhere. Does anyone have any idea where specifically these might have came from?

One of the prints actually isn't proper a4-size, it's slightly bigger and off-cut, which also suggests it was taken from a book or something rather than printed themselves.

Just to clarify: Not the actual art itself, i'm trying to find if these are just taken out of a book or something along those lines/why there are so many pieces of different art by different authors with this format + page numbers + text.

Edit: Found the book these pages were taken out of, at least for the ones with the black border around them. They're from "Brace by wire to fly-by-wire: 80 years of the Royal Air Force 1918-1988" by Peter March and the other books by him.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

As one of the few signed limited edition prints I own is by him  these are by Roger Taylor and probably taken from one of the books of his paintings that have been published.

https://www.aces-high.com/artists/view/robert-taylor

As I don't have any of the books in my library I could not say which one.

Agreed that they're from a book or  more than one, where the pages have been filleted for sale as separate portraits. You've got Ron Wong, Robert Taylor and Michael Turner prints, so it'll be something like Markman's Classic Aircraft in Aviation Art. (I don't think it is that book necessarily, just using that as an example of a selection) The fact that the A-10, B-17/Me-262, the Val and the Gauntlet have frames around them in the pagination while the Stirling doesn't says at least two books were butchered to achieve the creation of prints.

I imagine that if these are being sold as prints of the originals, some publishers might be interested in speaking to the vendor...

• 8 months later...

Aviation Art World - Robert Taylor, Nicolas Trudgian, Philip West, Richard Taylor and other top aviation artists

https://aviation-art-world.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg8S15-uk6gIVU4BQBh2RzwriEAMYAyAAEgIp5vD_BwE

Aviation artist Robert Taylor - list of limited edition prints https://www.aviation-art-world.com/html/robert_taylor.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIicmtheuk6gIVCbLtCh1MigB0EAMYASAAEgIH9vD_BwE

Aviation artists

http://www.brooksart.com/Painters.html

Aircraft Prints in Art Prints for sale | eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Aircraft-Prints-in-Art-Prints/360/bn_7023037785?_pgn=4

• 4 months later...

Quick update on this: Solved it.

Was in a charity shop today and saw an aviation artbook "Brace by wire to fly-by-wire: 80 years of the Royal Air Force 1918-1988" and bought it without really looking at it much (normally just get them when they're cheap). Realized after that several of the pages in there are the exact same as a few of the 'prints' I have here, text on the same back page and all.

That book doesn't have all of them, but it seems there are a few other artbooks in the same sort of collection, these are definitely just pages taken out of that artbook or one of the other Peter March artbooks and sold individually.

Edited by TheVoidDragon