Arado 196 A3 Sword 1/72

Hello, 
I just have complete this nice kit, it was a short run made by Sword in 1/72.  The kit is not to bad for a short run, picky model builders might say that an interior needs more detailing. Inside  instruction, sheet  you can find some minor mistakes in part for the interior assembly. Better is to crosscheck outside historical reference. The details on wings and fuselage are very good and accurate.   That makes this kit so nice, but I added a resin engine because one form the kit didn't look like one.  It was so nice that I couldn't force my self to covet it. That is why I made it open.  The car is from Kora, it needed some upgrade.  It was done a bit sloppy,  railing and wheels were horrible and beyond repair.  Arado was painted by AK Interaktive paints, the scheme is from Kreta. Enjoy. 

kwgtno1.jpg

RcCnfyi.jpg

IAZWTy4.jpg

4b5jB9N.jpg

CETCT3M.jpg

USl3hxa.jpg

yMGEbuI.jpg

QMMHqbp.jpg

4Y3LwmJ.jpg

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 39

Very nice Arado, Franz! You can almost smell the salt spray on the floats. Very nice rendition of the RLM 72/73 maritime colors, too. Great job on the beaching trolley, as well. I think you portrayed the wear and tear of a land-based floatplane very realistically. 

Mike

• Like 1