This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

If you do a standard them I'm definitely in, will make it as a K.2 so would be great if the tanker parts could be purchased aswel.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, PLC1966 said:

every time someone moans about a rivet

That's a bit unfair . A whole wing out ? Wrong illustration on the box/kit title that doesn't match the one in the box . Not enough work done checking the different types . I begin to wonder where consumer rights and the Trades Description Act has gone . It still applies and just because you have the skills to modify means nothing  .  The K2 boxing has a C1K on the lid . It more or less is a C1K , delete the HDU for C.1K and under belly camera if it's there and it is a C.Mk. 1 .  Complete with C1K serial XV107 . It isn't what it says , a K2 .

Nobody expects perfection , no chance of that . If you go to all the trouble to make a mould for a wing ,anything . Get it wrong ,waffle about the rest of it and big it up . What's the point ? I haven't seen the nose thing . Just saying

King's new clothes

Shirl , Where is my tin hat ? In the box marked headwear , only a Beret in here .

It's a hat isn't it ? Make it more rounded ,you'll be fine .

Wish I had your confidence .

Edited by bzn20

On 01/12/2019 at 10:02, aukebruins said:

Alan,

Do you have a website ?

If yes: which URL ?

Do you have a Facebook page ?

If yes:: under which name ?

Any activities on Ebay ?

If yes: under which name ?

Auke

Hello Auke,

I have no website as the original one was in Icelandic anyway but Siminn (Icelandic Telecoms) deleted my old site, so its no longer around. I am now back in the England; I never quite got into social media, so no activities there and ebay is just a waste of time for me. This is the only place you will find me on, unless of course, the management decides to remove me. 

Alan

On 01/12/2019 at 20:31, 71chally said:

If you do a standard them I'm definitely in, will make it as a K.2 so would be great if the tanker parts could be purchased aswel.

From what I understand, Air-graphics is now doing all the replacement sets for the Mach 2 kit and I do have some of Air-graphics resin kits, they do make excellent stuff, so it should be a big improvement. I will see Gary on Sunday, so I will ask him, where he is timewise, with all the conversion and correction sets. After all, the Mach 2 is a plastic kit and easier to work with and is the preferred option for most modellers, myself included. 

My C.MK.1 is already done, it just needs some adjustments here and there and it does come with the wing refuelling pods and HDU. The main problem I face, is that I have to get it registered with the Inspectorate of the Trade Bureau (which I still come under) and they won't issue an end user certificate if it doesn't conform to the factory documentation and then that would mean more work and delays, which I think is the likely outcome, so I will leave it for a while until I can find a vacant slot to do the extra work, which still requires a lot of time. 

Alan

The masters for the Super VC10 are now complete and was on display at The London Model Show; they will be put back on the shelf and may be one day, there may be a demand for the type. 

Alan