Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB Chat

On this week in  tuesday was 50 years since the first flight of the Yak-38.

940055_original.jpg

https://afirsov.livejournal.com/580370.html

Interestingly, in the presence of a fairly good model from HobbyBoss in 48th scale (in 72nd scale one can only dream of such a model!), no one dared to make it in this GB, and in my opinion they did not even call about it.

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Aardvark said:

On this week in  tuesday was 50 years since the first flight of the Yak-38.

Interestingly, in the presence of a fairly good model from HobbyBoss in 48th scale (in 72nd scale one can only dream of such a model!), no one dared to make it in this GB, and in my opinion they did not even call about it.

It was one of my main choices for this GB but sadly time has not been my own to work on any models at all lately :( 

• Sad 2

On 25/09/2020 at 06:35, Col. said:

It was one of my main choices for this GB but sadly time has not been my own to work on any models at all lately :( 

I really appreciate all your help co-hosting this GB, Col

You have been encouraging lots of others in their builds, even if you haven't been building one yourself.

Cheers Pat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I really appreciate all your help co-hosting this GB, Col

You have been encouraging lots of others in their builds, even if you haven't been building one yourself.

Cheers Pat

Thank you Pat. Since I can't participate myself the least I can do is assist and encourage others.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done Pat........ :phew:

....and it's all your fault I started down this path of madness! :rant:  Was hoping this chopper build would have been easier than the Hind......but no of course!!! reckon it would have been easier building another hind (and shelf for it to sit on) in that crazy Giger scheme than this monster!!!!

Hmmm I actually do have a full resin cockpit/cabin for a Hind.....guess I'll have to build another one.........Chopper's II?? :D

Thanks for hosting a great build :thumbsup: and it's great to see so many interesting and unusual builds......oh I'll post mine in the gallery later once i have some proper photos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are 5 of Westland's finest, all now finished and will be added to the gallery over the coming hours. Two are already there. 

resized_82743e43-98fe-4816-9ba0-b32ec548

resized_23486da3-093b-43e3-a083-5cc04acf

Thats my work in this GB finished. 

• Like 6

Hi Rich @trickyrich

Im really glad you enjoyed it, you never do things by half in a GB and this was certainly no exception, I've really enjoyed following your build and look forward to seeing it in the gallery.

Hi @825

Your Westland collection looks the absolute business, and of course will look even better in the gallery.

I'm really glad you both enjoyed the GB, it's been a privilege to host this one with @Col. and see so many unusual and stunning builds in these previously underrepresented topics.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I'm done Pat........ :phew:

....and it's all your fault I started down this path of madness! :rant:  Was hoping this chopper build would have been easier than the Hind......but no of course!!! reckon it would have been easier building another hind (and shelf for it to sit on) in that crazy Giger scheme than this monster!!!!

Hmmm I actually do have a full resin cockpit/cabin for a Hind.....guess I'll have to build another one.........Chopper's II?? :D

Thanks for hosting a great build :thumbsup: and it's great to see so many interesting and unusual builds......oh I'll post mine in the gallery later once i have some proper photos. 

If you're doing another Hind I hope you've got the figures set aside for the washing diorama sorted this time around ;) 

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I'm really glad you both enjoyed the GB, it's been a privilege to host this one with @Col. and see so many unusual and stunning builds in these previously underrepresented topics.

The pleasure has been all mine Pat and I'm only sorry I've not been able to dedicate more time within this GB. The variety of subjects has been inspiring. When can we do it again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

If you're doing another Hind I hope you've got the figures set aside for the washing diorama sorted this time around ;) 

I'd forgotten about them.........trust you to remember!! :D

I am/was sort of planning to take photos of the beast outside but she's a bit overcast at the moment, will see what happens.

• Haha 2

Having almost finished the old Airfix Westland Sea King HAR.3 (before it finished me), I have decided to perform an exorcism of sorts.

... I'm going to build the new kit of the same version, with the same all-yellow livery, what I picked up second-hand yesterday. And I'm going to get it done by the end of next week! Build thread to follow within the hour.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, my thanks also to @JOCKNEY @Col. and @Enzo Matrix, plus all who entered.  I've really enjoyed this GB, it (and the Corsair GB before it) really helped me get my lost mojo back after lockdown and working all day from my usual get away from it all modelling space killed it.  Next comes the bit I always hate about a GB, trying to vote for just one favourite.

Paul

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can I take this opportunity to congratulate all those that managed to finish their builds and get them in the gallery, to my shame I wasn't one of them ! :crying:

Can I also pass @Col. and I's thanks to everyone that not only took part in this GB but also supported and encouraged everyone else builds throughout the time we had together.

To those that didn't manage to finish in time, please don't be disheartened.  I enjoy these GBs because they offer an opportunity to build something we might not normally do. So please use the forthcoming KUTA GB to complete your builds from this GB, and I look forward to seeing lots of the uncompleted builds from this GB looking resplendent in the KUTA gallery. :photo:

Cheers Pat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I’m very sorry to say that I have yet again failed miserably to complete a group build - but for the period I was actively involved I would like to say how much I enjoyed it. A great atmosphere amongst the participants and a lot of brilliant subjects and excellent finished models. Well done to everyone.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 6:03 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Ladies and Gents

Would you like a vote on what's in the gallery completed for this GB ?

Please let me know 

I'm not a lady or a gent, however I would like to vote please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23.10.2020 в 20:03, JOCKNEY сказал:

Дамы и господа

Хотите проголосовать за то, что в галерее завершено для этого ГБ?

пожалуйста, дайте мне знать 

I do not want.  Because I cannot objectively evaluate those models that I did not build and therefore I do not understand them, therefore my assessments will be at the level of "like / dislike" and this is subjective.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2