Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB Chat

On 6/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, Aardvark said:

This is not enough, because helicopters attack, they are becoming more and more!

😲😢

Well, there are still not enough materials on the Hawker P.1154 .... 🤗therefore, I am still thinking 🤔.... whether I should join with the MiG-23PD or the Mirage III V?

In principle, I still have three days to think and choose something .... if I decide.

B.R.

Serge

Oh, I have the Mirage III V in the stash as well! Along with a few Harriers,

I haven't built a early Harrier in about 30 years, might be time to change that.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2020 at 5:34 AM, uncletommy said:

Apologies to all, but I'm going to have to drop out of this GB before it even begins.  Seems I've succumbed to a heart attack and am now, for the second day, home recuperating with a brand new, triple bypass, and a bright shiny new Pacemaker installed.  I'm not going to be able to make the trek down to my modeling dungeon for the foreseeable future so I'm going to respectfully bow out of this GB.  Again, my apologies to all.  :(

Bloody hell Tommy.  Glad you made it out the backside of that.  Take 'er easy get yourself back to full up status ASAP.  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

look what the postman brought today! 

it is a BIG box

vLcuovP.jpg

after a nearly 7 weeks travel (actually just being stuck at a Russian post office due to Corona I assume) it arrived today! just in time?

question now, what to build! and if I should add this cool Quinta cockpit! and begemot decals......

5ixMXh2.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Pat,

after a very long soul searching, I will enter this GB with a 1/72 Esci UH-1D Huey.

It will be 99 % OOB. Decals will be after-market as the original ones do not look too good. I bought this kit when it first came out...

Oh, I forgot: I did start it eons ago and approx. 10% have been built already. I will post photos in a day or two.

Cheers

JR

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

, I have the Mirage III V in the stash as well!

"Helicopters are coming! 

STOVL- Fatherland is in danger!

You volunteered for this GB with STOVL?!"

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 3

Aarrgh!!! At the beginning of the week I didn't even know this GB existed, and now I Have an entry in it. Just to compound things, I got to my LMS for the first time in around 4 months yesterday and while feeling frivolous, this fell into my basket. No promises, as I have 4 other models to complete for GBs first, but if time permits I'll give this one a go too.

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

spacer.png

Nice!

Another one of those where you are not fully sure if it is more caricature or real :devil: the F-35 is similarily proportioned  ;)

27 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Nice!

Another one of those where you are not fully sure if it is more caricature or real :devil: the F-35 is similarily proportioned  ;)

I've had a look through the box and it's a lovely little kit. The decal sheet is huge with two Marines options, and includes all the rib detail on the top surfaces and all the canopy framing so it's as foolproof as possible.

Andy

Although my record of group build completion stands at 0 out of 4, I rather like the vibe of this one, so I'd like to join in and start to fix that record.

My choice of entries are all 1:48 helicopters. I've a Revell Chinook HC.1, Revell CH-53G and Airfix Lynx AH.7

I'm ruling out the Chinook, so it's between the other two.

The Lynx I would build as an AH.1 using the Rotor Craft conversion. I've read in the other builds in the GB that it's a good kit, but there are a couple of other builds of this kit already. Plus, the colours are troubling me a bit. The black mainly.

Then it's the CH-53G. A giant of a kit and probably not as good as the Airfix Lynx. Also, the decals are ancient and look pretty terrible and there does not appear to be any aftermarket option.

A7638-CBC-EF9-E-4-A8-A-8-B12-71-C3-B1-B0

I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Filler said:

Although my record of group build completion stands at 0 out of 4, I rather like the vibe of this one, so I'd like to join in and start to fix that record.

My choice of entries are all 1:48 helicopters. I've a Revell Chinook HC.1, Revell CH-53G and Airfix Lynx AH.7

I'm ruling out the Chinook, so it's between the other two.

The Lynx I would build as an AH.1 using the Rotor Craft conversion. I've read in the other builds in the GB that it's a good kit, but there are a couple of other builds of this kit already. Plus, the colours are troubling me a bit. The black mainly.

Then it's the CH-53G. A giant of a kit and probably not as good as the Airfix Lynx. Also, the decals are ancient and look pretty terrible and there does not appear to be any aftermarket option.

A7638-CBC-EF9-E-4-A8-A-8-B12-71-C3-B1-B0

I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.

Far be it for me to try influencing your decision but, do the Lynx! Do the Lynx! I'd love to see the AH.1 version modelled.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Filler said:

This served as a motivation for me, in the end what difference does it make, is there a complete assembly in GB or not, the main thing is to have fun.🤗

Therefore, I will probably join this GB with Mirage III V.

The model is quite tedious due to the large number of repetitive details, in principle, nothing extraordinary, if not one but .... I started riveting it. 😣🤗

Thus, the tedious work, I did even more tedious 😁🤗😣... if I manage to rivet the entire model within a month, then I think I have a chance to meet the build deadlines for this GB.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

I think I must be losing it...please count me in!  I have an A-Model Mi-Mil-10 coming.  I figure I'll include a truck that it will carry.  God knows where I'll put it when it's finished.  Huge even in 1/72nd scale...

50050840122_195ae0c406_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Scroll down...

http://www.16va.be/4.4_les_mi-6_part1_eng.html

I think I will use a ZIS dumptruck.

50051829737_8c345a2988_c_d.jpg

I saw the Mi-10K when he mounted a television tower  (360  meters high)

in my city, it was somewhere at the very beginning of 1980. Unfortunately, I did not see this helicopter at work, it just stood next to an unfinished television tower, probably he was a tired therefore, he needed to rest  !😁

But even the Mi-10K peacefully standing on the ground made an unforgettable experience.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 5