Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB Chat

That looks like a fun kit @peterairfix, sure I'd a Wessex with similar features as a kid, get cracking with it :D 

No worries @HoolioPaulio, like Pat ( @JOCKNEY ) I've not had a lot of free time to get in here far less to the workbench, we're an easy-going group and don't hold people in any less regard when real life gets in the way of the fun stuff ;) 

• Like 2

@JOCKNEY,I'm late to the party (as usual), but I'd like to join in with a kit I've just bought:

IMG-20200718-120801.jpg

If that is ok I'll open a separate WIP thread here?

Edited by Jur
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jur said:

@JOCKNEY,I'm late to the party (as usual), but I'd like to join in with a kit I've just bought:

IMG-20200718-120801.jpg

If that is ok I'll open a separate WIP thread here?

Absolutely, delighted to have you with us @Jurplease start your build thread, look forward to seeing your progress. 

cheers Pat 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, JagRigger said:

If I finish my Apache commission build, I'll play.....

Anyone doing  a Mojave ?

Please bring your Mojave to the party, it will be very welcome.

Cheers Pat

Well, recently started the old Italeri/Tamiya AH-1W in 1/72 with armycast interior/engine compartment and Eduard hellfires. So far I've cut out the fuselage halves and glued these. Still eligible too join? No paint touched the parts yet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Well, recently started the old Italeri/Tamiya AH-1W in 1/72 with armycast interior/engine compartment and Eduard hellfires. So far I've cut out the fuselage halves and glued these. Still eligible too join? No paint touched the parts yet.

Absolutely, please start your thread and we look forward to following your progress. 

cheers Pat 

• 2 weeks later...

What is it about GBs that means the stash never gets smaller? Having started looking for Fujimi kits afte a conversation in another GB, one of the kits that fell into my basket was this one. Won't be here in time to get built in this GB, but it's another chopper for the stash, when I haven't had any for years.

spacer.png

Andy

• Haha 2

On 07/08/2020 at 15:13, Pin said:

Pat, does https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartini_Beriev_VVA-14 qualify? 

It was designed with VTOL capabilities that never materialized because lift engines were never supplied

Hi Alexey

You knew full well I would not be able to resist this one !

If you have this kit then please get the build underway without further delay.

Cheers Pat

PS Can you actually visit the Museum where this aircraft now lives ? If only i knew someone who spoke Russian.....😉

On 10/08/2020 at 20:34, Foxbat said:

What is it about GBs that means the stash never gets smaller? Having started looking for Fujimi kits afte a conversation in another GB, one of the kits that fell into my basket was this one. Won't be here in time to get built in this GB, but it's another chopper for the stash, when I haven't had any for years.

spacer.png

Andy

Andy the GB doesn't finish till October, how is it being delivered ?

I think you could build a raft and paddle home faster than that ! 😉

cheers Pat 

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

Andy the GB doesn't finish till October, how is it being delivered ?

I think you could build a raft and paddle home faster than that ! 😉

cheers Pat 

It's on a slow boat from Japan, which means I might have time to finish the SU-100, Helix, Hound and F-80 I have going in various GBs and start the Bf 110 and Blenheim I want to do in the BoB GB before it gets here. Need to get those six done before the Heller and Panther GBs kick off as I've got something for both of those too.  I do enjoy a good GB I do :D

Andy

• Haha 1

So thats just the 6 kits on the go at once is it Andy ?

Glad to see you pacing yourself, although that is verging on multitasking which as you know genetically we are not supposed to do. 😉

cheers Pat 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

PS Can you actually visit the Museum where this aircraft now lives ? If only i knew someone who spoke Russian.....😉

Is it a theoretical or practical question? Monino is just as far from you as it is from me

10 hours ago, Pin said:

Is it a theoretical or practical question? Monino is just as far from you as it is from me

A bit of each, i would love to go to visit the museum if they have aircraft such as the one that hopefully you will be building. However no idea how to go about organising such a trip, a good friend of mine has recently retired from KLM, and as he has a keen interest in early jets, i would love to know what aircraft can be seen at the museum. 

Time for some research, unless of course someone reading this has actually visited it ?

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Time for some research, unless of course someone reading this has actually visited it ?

Last time I was there was more than 15 years ago, many things have changed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_at_the_Central_Air_Force_Museum

Perhaps Ken AKA Flankerman could give you better advice

• Like 1

An all white Huey flew over the town today, I heard it long before I saw it, also sitting out on my kayak off the coast yesterday saw the red arrows returning after their display at Prestwick...still out one of the AW Coast Guard choppers based at Prestwick flew over the shore and back...anyway, does anyway know if there is a model kit of the Augusta Westland CG choppers available yet? 

4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

An all white Huey flew over the town today, I heard it long before I saw it, also sitting out on my kayak off the coast yesterday saw the red arrows returning after their display at Prestwick...still out one of the AW Coast Guard choppers based at Prestwick flew over the shore and back...anyway, does anyway know if there is a model kit of the Augusta Westland CG choppers available yet? 

Nope, no kits of the AW139  or AW189 around in injected form at least. I checked Shapeways and no 3D printed versions either.

• Thanks 1

Interesting  the MiG-23 PD

mig23pd-10.jpg

mig23pd-1.jpg

mig23pd-4.jpg

(Photo from 

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/xplane/mig23pd.html )

meets the rules of this GB or not?

This aircraft cannot take off and land vertically, but it has two additional lift engine for short takeoffs ...

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3

Brilliant to see so many stunning builds in the Gallery.

Congratulations to everyone who has completed their builds and good luck to everyone currently doing battle with their kits.

I have given myself a well aimed KUTA to make some progress on my own builds, and my apologies for the lack of progress to date.

cheers Pat 

• Like 1