Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB Chat

38 minutes ago, uncletommy said:

Apologies to all, but I'm going to have to drop out of this GB before it even begins.  Seems I've succumbed to a heart attack and am now, for the second day, home recuperating with a brand new, triple bypass, and a bright shiny new Pacemaker installed.  I'm not going to be able to make the trek down to my modeling dungeon for the foreseeable future so I'm going to respectfully bow out of this GB.  Again, my apologies to all.  :(

Blimey

That puts everyone elses trials and tribulations in their place.

Absolutely no need to apologise please just concentrate on a full and permanent recovery. 

If you arent allowed out of the bedroom (stop it there was nothing naughty in mind !) how are you off for reading materials to pass the time ?

Happy to post you some books if you let me know your area of interest.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, uncletommy said:

Apologies to all, but I'm going to have to drop out of this GB before it even begins.  Seems I've succumbed to a heart attack and am now, for the second day, home recuperating with a brand new, triple bypass, and a bright shiny new Pacemaker installed.  I'm not going to be able to make the trek down to my modeling dungeon for the foreseeable future so I'm going to respectfully bow out of this GB.  Again, my apologies to all.  :(

I wish you a speedy recovery Tommy.

Best wishes.

Craig.

• Like 1

@uncletommy that’s awful news, wish you a speedy recovery and hope we can at least give you something to entertain you over the next few weeks while you concentrate on building yourself back and re-joining us all back on here 

All the best 

• Like 1

I'm reconsidering my options for this GB.

I had originally decided to do two Harriers:  A USMC AV-8A and a Spanish AV-8S.  However, I always do aeroplanes, so I thought that I should keep a little more to the spirit of this GB.

I had a quick look at The Stash and these beauties waved at me.

spacer.png

I opened up the boxes and found these decal sheets inside.

spacer.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Blimey

That puts everyone elses trials and tribulations in their place.

Absolutely no need to apologise please just concentrate on a full and permanent recovery. 

If you arent allowed out of the bedroom (stop it there was nothing naughty in mind !) how are you off for reading materials to pass the time ?

Happy to post you some books if you let me know your area of interest.

Cheers Pat

Cheers Pat for the offer!  :cheers:

But truth be told, there's really no reading time available yet.  So far, the days have devolved into wake, chores (15 pills, a bit of clean up, return notes and phone calls), nap, lunch, nap, chores (9 more pills, cleaning of dressings, etc), sleep.   Rinse and repeat.

This is not a job for sissies.  I will get better.  But it's gonna take time.  It's gonna be a sloooowwww process.  But thanks so much for thinking of me.  Now, off to another nap.  :tired:

Tom

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Hope I can slide this one in while Enzo is engaged elsewhere...

Which one to build?....

50032587358_3eec611b74_b.jpg

Is the electronic tablet and planet Earth also on the planned You build list for this GB?

🤤😁

6 hours ago, uncletommy said:

Wishes for recovery and positive (only positive! No negative!) emotions!

🤝

B.w. is there a ratio of how much Helicopter v.s. Autogyro v.s. STOVL

is claimed under this GB?

B.R.

Serge 

• Like 3

Get well soon, Tommy. I think it's fair to say you've certainly got your money's worth.

I've hit one of those modelling walls lately. Perhaps a GB might be the thing to get the motivation going again. I have one or two things with rotors in the stash, so perhaps one of them might cross the workbench at the weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

B.w. is there a ratio of how much Helicopter v.s. Autogyro v.s. STOVL

is claimed under this GB?

B.R.

Serge 

Hi Serge

My guess would be 

65% Helicopters

30% STOVLs

5% Autogyros

Its just a guess, but if we find ourselves with more Autogyros than anything else I will be delighted !

41 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

I've hit one of those modelling walls la

tely. Perhaps a GB might be the thing to get the motivation going again. I have one or two things with rotors in the stash, so perhaps one of them might cross the workbench at the weekend.

Great to have you with us @Truro Model Builder, i promise you will get lots of encouragement on here, unfortunately I've had to furlough the cheerleaders, but i can prance around with Pom-Poms if it helps ! :door:

Cheers Pat

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Serge

Hi, Pat!

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

65% Helicopters

30% STOVLs

5% Autogyros

Ahhh, helicopters are winning! 😭😭 All fans of the 

STOVLs to fight with helicopters!😉😁

More, more STOVLs!!!

🤠

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aardvark said:

STOVLs to fight with helicopters!😉

Time allowing, I could consider a second entry to the GB: my Harrier GR.3

There's still a lot of work to do. The cockpit is not even done yet. Pat @JOCKNEY would you allow this entry to the GB?

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

unfortunately I've had to furlough the cheerleaders, but i can prance around with Pom-Poms if it helps ! :door:

Cheers Pat

That, my friend, is really not an image I wish to dwell upon for too long :yikes:. I thought you said you would be encouraging me?

• Haha 2

Decision time. 

resized_3d7f5649-cb1a-40e9-9c52-06493f00

This doesnt include the two Scouts intended to be converted to Wasps, or the two Lynxes and a Merlin that were too buried in the stash to get out. I think there's at least three Wessexs acting as roof insulation and a couple of Revell Sea Kings somewhere. I think I've got too many kits. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, 825 said:

Decision time. 

I think I've got too many kits. 

Looks like a good sized pile to me 😀 - the Sycamore looks like it is begging to be built.

Will you be disposing of the Fujimi Wasp with the S&M one due this year?

2 hours ago, jrlx said:

This is not enough, because helicopters attack, they are becoming more and more!

😲😢

Well, there are still not enough materials on the Hawker P.1154 .... 🤗therefore, I am still thinking 🤔.... whether I should join with the MiG-23PD or the Mirage III V?

In principle, I still have three days to think and choose something .... if I decide.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 825 said:

Decision time. 

resized_3d7f5649-cb1a-40e9-9c52-06493f00

This doesnt include the two Scouts intended to be converted to Wasps, or the two Lynxes and a Merlin that were too buried in the stash to get out. I think there's at least three Wessexs acting as roof insulation and a couple of Revell Sea Kings somewhere. I think I've got too many kits. 

Blimey dont let Enzo see that lot ....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jrlx said:

There's still a lot of work to do. The cockpit is not even done yet. Pat @JOCKNEY would you allow this entry to the GB?

Cheers

Jaime

Absolutely

Delighted to see another build avoiding the "shelf of shame !"

cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Absolutely

Delighted to see another build avoiding the "shelf of shame !"

cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat! I'll try to finish my Marines AH-1 Cobra first. Then I'll get back to the Harrier.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Comanche please. 

My thought as well.  It was the first one of the three I picked up on Ebay, before I even knew about this GB :) 

• Like 1

Don't know how I missed this one. Despite being over extended in group builds, and having not built a helicopter this century, there is one I've always wanted to do so this seems the perfect time to scratch that itch. I've ordered the kit and I can cobble together the markings from what is in the stash, so as soon as the postie arrives I'll sneak in if I may?

Andy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Are you going to keep us all in suspence until it arrives ?

A little bit, because it really is a cringe inducing 'joke'. Let's just say it's a Russian built machine (also licence built in China) in the service of a troubled south west Asian country, and I'm surprised no one else got there first.

Andy