Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB Chat

I much prefer Final Countdown over Topgun...the flying sequences were great, plus you didn't have THAT midget as the "hero" pilot!! :sick:

Heartbreak Ridge is great along with Full Metal Jacket, plus of course "Apocalypse Now"!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes! Nice find Dennis :thumbsup: Go on Rich, make it so, you know you want to :D 

Sure I've plenty 32nd scale jets in the stash this set could be made to work with :hmmm:

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

Love Heartbreak Ridge.  I probably watch that one 2-3 times a year at least.

Not seen it for far too long. Need to watch it again.

29 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I much prefer Final Countdown over Topgun...the flying sequences were great, plus you didn't have THAT midget as the "hero" pilot!! :sick:

Heartbreak Ridge is great along with Full Metal Jacket, plus of course "Apocalypse Now"!!

Hell yes. That bit where the 'Zero' is fly along and the Tomcat looms up behind it out of the clouds has to be one of the best aerial sequences ever in my opinion.

No room for complacency we need extra votes for this one to qualify for next year, so how about this one for a taster

IMG_4678

Want to know what happened, read the story below 

https://www.forces.net/services/tri-service/day-royal-navy-pilot-landed-spanish-container-ship

Lets try to get all variants of the Harrier in this GB.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

No room for complacency we need extra votes for this one to qualify for next year, so how about this one for a taster

IMG_4678

Want to know what happened, read the story below 

https://www.forces.net/services/tri-service/day-royal-navy-pilot-landed-spanish-container-ship

Pssst...I've got something you might be interested in, in on the back of the van. :ninja:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

IMG_4678

So that's how the F-35 was conceived.

"...how about this one for a taster" To be fair that does sound like the SHAR's chat-up line there.

• Haha 3

What I hadn’t noticed after all these years is that all the ‘Henchmen’ look the same! Cool clip from one of the best Bond movies. This is another kit I once had, but sold off for some strange reason? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 23:01, JOCKNEY said:

I have only ever build British Harriers before.   I'f this GB gets through, I pledge to build a USMC AV-8A and a Spanish AV-8S.

I can't guarantee that they won't get photobombed by an AH-1 .of some description...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I've been told I must build my Aust. Army ARH Tiger by my small child........who's much bigger than me!!

I took my older twins in to my companies head office this week for some work experience, one of the people at work took our photo. I can now see they are both taller than me, and at 17 likely to be much taller ! 

To return to the GB, there was an excellent Australian Wessex built in the Frog Squad GB along with an amazing French Lynx, so I hope we see some more simular builds if this GB is lucky enough to get through in the current poll.

22 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I have only ever build British Harriers before.   I'f this GB gets through, I pledge to build a USMC AV-8A and a Spanish AV-8S.

I can't guarantee that they won't get photobombed by an AH-1 .of some description...

I was going to build something rotary winged but am also tempted by a Harrier, probably an AV-8B as I did an AV-8A a few years ago and an RAF T-10.

Still might build a helo, far too many kits to choose from!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

far too many kits to choose from!

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I know that feeling! 

There was a bloke on here who at a moment like this would say "BUILD 'EM ALL !"

But i can't remember his name..... 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Was a clown here in Chicago for decades. 

Didn't he get elected to President or Prime Minister or something recently? :clown: :fool:

Oops, politics, better :shutup: before :poo:and I get a well-deserved :nono::rules::banstamp:

• Haha 1