Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB Chat

On 10/27/2019 at 2:04 PM, trickyrich said:

I know what I'd like to hover over Pats head!  :fight:  

I now have move fav's I want to build than votes I can cast!  :wall:Heaven forbid they all get voted in for next!!!

Guess they only good thing is we're in for a proper bun fight this year! 

Certainly wasn't looking like it was going to be that way a few weeks ago.  😎

• Like 2

@JOCKNEY voting starts tomorrow and yesterday I received an unexpected Birthday present in the form of a 1/35 'Huey'.  I've never built a 'chopper' so it looks like this GB could offer me the support I need to have a go...

IMG-6437.jpg

IMG-6438.jpg

Pat - could you please add me to the list - thanks - Steve

• Like 4

16 hours ago, rob85 said:

Never built a helicopter so this GB is a great reason to do one, pop me down if you like

Rob

Hi Rob

You are very welcome, we just need to get enough votes in the Poll now !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Great work everyone, we are doing well in the 2020 GB Poll, but no room for complacency, here a bit of a Mojo restorer 

IMG_4658

Picture from Autoevalution

IMG_4659

Picture from Reddit

IMG_4660

Picture from Wikipedia 

That should get the creative juices flowing, 

Please cast your vote for this GB, it's going to be a bit special 

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen 

Despite our best endeavours im afraid to say that the number of votes for this exceptional GB is falling.

Can i ask everyone to girder their loins and vote for this one PLEASE  !

Cheers Pat 

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Oh and my 1/35th MH-60L arrived today!!! :yahoo:

Riiight, side-stepping any further references to Pat's loins, it's a pity your Mi-24 is too far on now Rich as that'd be a cracker for this GB. For my own part I may get a small selection of the considerable quantity of Harrier in the stash looked out. Then again with the new CtA decal sheet for early Harrier now in my position I need at least a couple more AV-8A kits... Or the Yak-38. Or that Puma I've always been meaning to make with a little model me in the back 'copter surfing' :D Choices!

...and NO @Enzo Matrix sadly there's no way I can built them all in the allotted time scale. If ever :( 

Edited by Col.

3 hours ago, Col. said:

...and NO @Enzo Matrix sadly there's no way I can built them all in the allotted time scale. If ever :( 

awwwwwww...     but you know you want to at least try...  :wicked:  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

awwwwwww...     but you know you want to at least try...  :wicked:  

Yes, Enzo, yes I do but short of finding a way to avoid going into work or having to interact with family while extending each day to 28hrs and not need sleep it just isn't going to happen.

9 minutes ago, Col. said:

Wow! No but tempted to now after reading that. Or maybe I'll just watch Final Countdown instead :D

How about Ferris Bueller's Day Off? 

Nothing to do with time travel or modelling.   Just the Best! Film! Ever!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

How about Ferris Bueller's Day Off? 

Nothing to do with time travel or modelling.   Just the Best! Film! Ever!

Ooh! Good shout. Was, however, reading  a bit about the production of Final Countdown earlier today and now want to watch it again. Forgot it was made 6 years before Top Gun.

While we're on the subject of good films I'd like to offer up two more just for the sake if it; The Right Stuff and Heartbreak Ridge.

• Like 2

Oh, you are well on with her Rich, I must have missed several updates. Looking good. Have you had any luck sourcing some figures for the washing diorama? :whistle:

arrr well there hasn't been an update of late, been a bit lazy in that department! Am still planning to have her done by next weekends club EOY competition.

You know I haven't even looked!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Ooh! Good shout. Was, however, reading  a bit about the production of Final Countdown earlier today and now want to watch it again. Forgot it was made 6 years before Top Gun.

While we're on the subject of good films I'd like to offer up two more just for the sake if it; The Right Stuff and Heartbreak Ridge.

Love Heartbreak Ridge.  I probably watch that one 2-3 times a year at least.

• Like 2