Helicopter / Autogyro / STOVL GB Chat

On 3/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, Dermo245 said:

Might even go crazy and try to build more than one kit

Right so - will be in with an Airfix Kaman SH-2 Seasprite and Italeri AH-6 with a twist 😎

Cheers,

Dermot

• Like 4

This is another one that is going to be here too quickly.  :blink2:

Guess I'd best be figuring out what the hell I'm going to build.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, helios16v said:

This is another one that is going to be here too quickly.  :blink2:

Guess I'd best be figuring out what the hell I'm going to build.....

We can help you with that, what have you got in the stash already or is this an opportunity to add to it ! :wicked:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

We can help you with that, what have you got in the stash already or is this an opportunity to add to it ! :wicked:

Cheers Pat

When is it not an opportunity to add to it?  Lord knows I don't have any issues there.....despite trying to not add any more until I get some built.   :rofl2:

But no, it'll end up being either a Lynx (Germany or Denmark), Sea King (USN), or Cobra (US Army).  I'll probably go rifle through the boxes once the date gets a bit closer and see if any call out to me more than the others.  Likely the Lynx or Sea King.

Oh yeah.....then there is the stack of Harriers.  I keep forgetting those are included here now.

And no, I'm not building them all.  :tease:  I've got a 1/32 B-25 that needs to get off the ground soon (deadline at the end of the year) for a 10th anniversary build at another site.  That one scares me a bit.  :whistle:  It's not my usual scale or era.....stepping way out of my box.  I hope I don't get lost.

Edited by helios16v
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

I hope I don't get lost.

Please rest assured, you will have every other Group Builder right behind you throughout the build.... or was that builds ;)

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

Because I built the Mach2 York for another GB, I have decided that I am some sort of masochist and so as well as the Dragonfly, I have unearthed the Extratech Alouette II with its mix of PE, resin and vacform to build as a British Army machine. Might get the new decal sheet from Air Graphic, although it seems a bit pricey, has anyone any experience of Air Graphic decals? 

I haven't made a whirlybird yet, but have a few in my stash I've been wanting to attack.

Please add me to the GB, I'll contribute with a 1/72 Black Hawk in RAAF Aircraft Research and Development Unit livery.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 28/05/2020 at 11:58, Mr T said:

Because I built the Mach2 York for another GB, I have decided that I am some sort of masochist and so as well as the Dragonfly, I have unearthed the Extratech Alouette II with its mix of PE, resin and vacform to build as a British Army machine. Might get the new decal sheet from Air Graphic, although it seems a bit pricey, has anyone any experience of Air Graphic decals? 

Goodness me, i might need to get a BM GB medal cast for this one !

Good luck if you are heroic enough to attempt it !

cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

On 28/05/2020 at 15:27, lewis25049 said:

I haven't made a whirlybird yet, but have a few in my stash I've been wanting to attack.

Please add me to the GB, I'll contribute with a 1/72 Black Hawk in RAAF Aircraft Research and Development Unit livery.

Thanks!

Hi Lewis

You are most welcome to the GB sir !

I must admit despite being foolish enough to host this GB, my own helicopter builds are very scarce so this GB is the perfect opportunity to correct that. 

cheers Pat 

By the way if i have left anyone off the list at the very front of this thread, please let me know:

So that i can

a) apologise  &

b) add to to the list  !

cheers Pat 

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

By the way if i have left anyone off the list at the very front of this thread, please let me know:

So that i can

a) apologise  &

b) add to to the list  !

cheers Pat 

I’m not there Pat with my RAN Wessex HS.31B

Ta

AW

• Thanks 1

Hello,

if there is room for another entry, I would love to join in with a Heller Ecureuil (Squirrel).

I can't remember the last time I built a helicopter, but this Squirrel has been on my to-do list for way too long!

Halcyonjet  (Dave)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, halcyonjet said:

Hello,

if there is room for another entry, I would love to join in with a Heller Ecureuil (Squirrel).

I can't remember the last time I built a helicopter, but this Squirrel has been on my to-do list for way too long!

Halcyonjet  (Dave)

There's always room for another entry.  ;)

Pick you kit and get staged, it'll be go time before you know it.

• Like 2

I'm now thinking I may have to downgrade my 1/48th MH-60L build to a wee MH-6J!!  Moving/time/new work project look like they're going to eat up lots of time...plus a 1/32nd Skyraider may keep me busy as well.

The Little Bird will be one of the Mogadishu Gunships...though I do have the figure to go with it.....if I could do figures I'd have the AH-6 with the dudes riding the boards on the side!!

• Like 2

New wrench in the plans.....

So whilst digging through my helo/stovl stash I noticed my AV-8B+ did not have any decals (bought second-hand from a hobby store yard sale on the cheap).  With the different nose, it would've been a bit far fetched to use a spare set from my Eduard GR.7/GR.9 boxings so went poking around ebay to see what kind of options might be available.  I was not aware of the B+ being utilized outside of the USMC (I'll admit to not being very well versed on Harrier operators), so I was surprised when I came across a set of Italian Navy decals.  Now that's a bit unique.  And the price was pretty fair too ($13 shipped).  Sold.  So hopefully those will arrive this week and I can ascertain the actual condition of the decals.

Decisions, decisions.  :hmmm:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, helios16v said:

There's always room for another entry.  ;)

Pick you kit and get staged, it'll be go time before you know it.

Thanks! I'll look forward to joining in the fun at the end of the month.

Dave

• Like 2

Hello Pat,

I see this GB approaching and I suddenly noticed I didn't join the party yet!

So here I am, with too many helicopters in the stash and some other long in the building process: this is a good opportunity to at least finish something.

Let's see what I could tackle (all 1/72):

1) Agusta Bell AB47J converted from the Italeri H-13. Have to check how the current status convers in completion percentage.

2) Westland Whirlwind HAR.4 based on the Italeri SH-19. I remember problems with the engine grilles....

3) Mitsubishi (Sikorsky) S62J from the Whirlybird kit I started during the Helicopter Group Build III 

4) since I intended to build at least a second subject in the CH-46 / KV-107 STGB but never succeeded, I could make a second attempt at a very early Labrador with fluorescent red tail. 

Ok, these are my good intentions ^_^

• Like 2

Hi @Whirly

Delighted to have you with us.

The host is very flexible with the 25% started rule as he likes to see as many kits being built and finished in a GB as possible !

Good luck with whatever you choose to build.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

I'll join with a Revell Osprey!

I've just posted a WIP, but I'll put it back in the box for three weeks and go and look in the stash for something else in the meantime.

• Like 1

Hello,

A question to the GB host @JOCKNEY

Would the following build be acceptable as an entry?

It was started four years ago but it's still in the initial stages. I've just done some work on the cockpit.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Jaime

Absolutely you still have lots to do, and I am always keen on using GBs as an opportunity for people to finish their builds if they are applicable.

Its not long now, I'll need to get organised  !

cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1