1/72 German naval Air Arm

Building 1/72 kits of the German naval aviation pretty much oob is a kind of a hobby of mine (pun intended) compared to the 1/48 kits which get much more attention. Also, they go with my 1/144 German navy ships ....

Here's the collection so far:

Lets start with the biggest (and I noticed how big when putting it beside a 1/72 Lancaster that I build as a kid!!)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

staying with the sub hunters,

spacer.png

spacer.png

and same profession

spacer.png

spacer.png

the fighters

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

and the final one is admittingly a "what if" (by the time this bird was introduced, the navy had passed their jet aviation to the Luftwaffe )

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

the liaison and transports ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

two more rotary wings ...

spacer.png

>>>>> and yes, I just noted the typo in the picture >>>>>  :headbang:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

and as an appetizer, in 1/44 the embarked chopper for the LST which I still need to build

spacer.png

one day I probably will post the ships in the appropriate section ....  GO NAVY!!!

spacer.png

As always, thanks for looking! (and please keep in mind, some of these kits were built like 30 years ago)

Edited by 2Step
  • Like 40

That is impressive collection! You don't happen to have any kind of group photo of them?

Very cool to have so many planes that are part of a bigger thing. I'm hoping to have similar collection one day - just on a different subject matter (Finnish Air Force).

@reini

sorry no group picture - and right now the models are all sitting in my office ....

(as to the previous post, after writing the @ reini I couldn't change the post anymore, or edit it or delete it ....)

Cool, Marineflieger are the best! I like the heavy weathering on the Tornado. 

In terms of what-if you are missing the F-35C. I think that is what they really dream of at the German Navy, probably embarked on somebody else's (or a European) carrier. Most likely just a dream.

@Adam Poultney

the kit is Revell Germany, the decals are leftovers...

@Doc72

I don't think we can afford the F 35. My guess ist that it's going to be between a modified Eurofighter or the F-18 - now that could be a Marineflieger again :)

Longterm it will be the FCAS (Future Combat Aircraft system) which could be anything, even a drone

• Like 1

Hello Step,

Very impressive collection. Always good to see the German Atlantic. This type served the Navy so well for so many years.

Regards, Dirk