Bandai 1/144 Gundam MS-07B Gouf - COMPLETED

OK, I did open the bags and sprue shots are here.  Despite being the smaller scale, lesser detailed 1/144 HG version, there's still a fair amount of parts here.

vatWQ8H.jpg

KFeWnYx.jpg

73I0fPI.jpg

zggKsTZ.jpg

On 14/10/2019 at 17:20, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I have been looking forward to a Gundam build in the build, welcome aboard with this. 

Dennis

Me too, so it will probably end up with equal priority with the Speeder.  Maybe even number one priority.  I do love building these.  It will be painted, but I'll be sticking with the closet match to the default colours its moulded in, that I have access to mix (I avoid buying endless shades of paints, and try to have a medium shade of common colours, and use black and white accordingly to lighten or darken where required).  This HG doesn't appear to have come with any decals/stickers (last HG I built was 20 years ago, so I can't remember if this is standard for these).  Might have a look to see if any waterslides can be had for sensible money on t'internet.  Or I could try chipping and weathering in practice for the Speeder... 🤔

• Like 2

Well I didn't do as many photos as I should have, but made a lot of progress on this.

A bit of behind the scenes detail, splashed a bit of white behind where the clear orange part goes...

S1k7XBu.jpg

And we have fully assembled legs, waist, and torso...

9poNGgy.jpg

And for scale reference, here it is next to my still in progress Master Grade 1/100 model.  Bearing in mind, the MG is only waist height, the torso is not yet attached  You can also see how much more detailed the MG's are compared to the HG's...

SKkMv87.jpg

All in all its looking good.  Happy with the colour mixes so far, the dark blue is a little off compared the base plastic colour, but the lighter blue was pretty much spot on.

• Like 2

Not a bad colour match to the'eye' sticker...

OCEoI5r.jpg

Head finished

v24iclu.jpg

Not much more to go now.  Just arms and weapons. And the backpack pipes I just realised I missed when doing the torso...

da2VRJo.jpg

• Like 3

On 03/11/2019 at 18:31, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looking good ... I do like that color on this. What color paint is it ? 

Thanks, it Vallejo Model Colour Royal Blue, with a touch of White to lighten it.  The darker blue is the same Royal Blue, with a splash of Black.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • HoolioPaulio changed the title to Bandai 1/144 Gundam MS-07B Gouf - COMPLETED