This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

John_W

USAF volunteers stand under nuclear explosion.

😳😳😳

Scary stuff indeed.

Graham

That probably had a very high pucker factor.

Chris

:yikes:  I wonder if they told the cameraman exactly what it was he would be filming?

Edited by 593jones

I read somewhere separately that something similar was done to prove the "low yeild"(?)(!)😫 of using the AIM-2 Genie air-2-air missile. Allegedly totally safe to use this nuke tipped air-2-air missile at targets above a certain height (Russian Bombers) for friendly forces/cities hat might be underneath the engagement.......

I guess a lot of this was all new science at the time. I remember reading about the Death of John Wayne and that he was one of the 91 cast & crew from a Film filmed in Utah in the late 50's that all died of cancer......but that filming just downwind of a Nuke test site was just a coincidence.......

I'm happy that I'm just part of that generation that ate British Beef without limitations in the 1980's & 90's.....oh wait?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 5:11 PM, FIGHTS ON said:

I'm happy that I'm just part of that generation that ate British Beef without limitations in the 1980's & 90's.....oh wait?