John's & other Bucc info here

canberra kid

Extremely useful for me John. I have a CM Resin Buccaneer in the stash and my new tool Airfix one is being despatched by Hannants as we speak.

Much appreciated and yes more if you like!

Terry

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canberra kid said:

There is more f you want it?

Please Sir, can we have some more! As ever John, these AP extracts are a very useful resource.

Mark.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canberra kid said:

There is more f you want it?

John 

Those are splendid John, duly filed for one day some day. :) A query if I may, in the drawing with the Martel & Sea Eagle, it shows a data link pod which to my eye appears back to front, including the pylon, is this so or is that the way around it was?

Steve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Those are splendid John, duly filed for one day some day. :) A query if I may, in the drawing with the Martel & Sea Eagle, it shows a data link pod which to my eye appears back to front, including the pylon, is this so or is that the way around it was?

Steve.

I know it looks odd Steve, but yes, that's the way it was fitted.

John

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A query if I may, in the drawing with the Martel & Sea Eagle, it shows a data link pod which to my eye appears back to front, including the pylon, is this so or is that the way around it was?

Steve.

The 'wrong' way around for actual TV data link use, the 'right' way around for training use!

Superb post John, as always!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you John, those details very are very much appreciated, especially for all of us who have our sticky little fingers on the new Airfix Buccaneer and are itching to get started. 

You wouldn't happen to know of the correct mix for Squirrel Grey by any chance? 

Chris. 

• Like 1

Hi John thanks for posting this from your collection. Interesting about the 'S1' Underwater ejection seat danger triangle, never see that before always assumed they were normal ejection seat triangles as 'U' .

Regards

Robert

Airfix quote humbrol 196 satin light grey for most undercarriage and bay details, anyone know what Tamiya or Mr Hobby equiv paint is I can’t find it. Was just going to use light aircraft grey if no one knows. Thanks in anticipation, love the kit by the way....

11 hours ago, cngaero said:

Thank you John, those details very are very much appreciated, especially for all of us who have our sticky little fingers on the new Airfix Buccaneer and are itching to get started. 

Chris. 

Sorry Chris, nothing in the AP's copy's I have on that colour.

John

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Hi John thanks for posting this from your collection. Interesting about the 'S1' Underwater ejection seat danger triangle, never see that before always assumed they were normal ejection seat triangles as 'U' .

Regards

Robert

Yes I found that interesting too Robert. It's amazing what turns up when you start looking.

John

11 hours ago, cngaero said:

Chris. 

My understanding is that 'Squirell Grey' was a non standard colour trialled by the Navy, and that the name might have only existed as part of a conversation.

I would love to know what it actually looked like.

John, I add my thanks to the list above, these AP scans are a gift!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 12:45 AM, Robert said:

Hi John, was there something similar for the RN Buccaneers and any info on the canopy det cord ?

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert @Robert

There would have been AP's for the RN Buc's but I don't have them, sorry. This is all I've found so far on MDC. I hope it helps?

spacer.png

Edited by canberra kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Sorry Chris, nothing in the AP's copy's I have on that colour.

John

24 minutes ago, 71chally said:

My understanding is that 'Squirell Grey' was a non standard colour trialled by the Navy, and that the name might have only existed as part of a conversation.

I would love to know what it actually looked like.

Thanks for getting back to me guys. 

I did have a look at the E-Paint website and came across a Squirrel Grey in the RAL range and it's closest comparison was to Medium Sea Grey in the BS range. However, it did show a marked difference in shade. 

• Like 1