Airfix 1/72 Vampire T.11

Hi all..

Recently completed, nice straightforward build but the Dayglo orange nearly sent me mad! In the end after several brush paints and repaints I invested in an airbrush and started again. Paints are from Vallejo, their flourescent orange from the Model Air range is very nice indeed. Decals are aftermarket from Xtradecal for an RAF College Cranwell machine.

IMG_20191013_171143

IMG_20191013_171123

And with other Airfix stablemates made recently....

IMG_20191013_171530

IMG_20191014_202612

IMG_20191014_202413

Edited by binbrook87
  • Like 52

6 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A cracking looking Vampire.  My favourite scheme on the type.  A nice collection too.  Are you going to add a JP3?

Thanks for all the comments...yes the JP3 is in the pipeline although not sure which dayglo scheme to go for yet...solid colours or those tricky stripes!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Very nice indeed. As noted above, your dayglo finish was worth persevering with. I especially like the contrast between the dayglo on both Vampires and the Gnat.

Terry

Thanks very much. The differing Dayglo is because I've used paint for the '29' airframe and decals for the 'K' bird. There's actually differing shades of orange within the same decals (you can see on the wings) which is a bit annoying...but i suppose possibly realistic as i believe they faded badly in real life.