Dassault Mirage IIIRS - 1:144 Mark I Models

Hello everyone

Here is my latest kit finished during this past week. It's a Mark I Models 1:144 Dassault Mirage IIIRS.

It represents R-2101, of Überwachungsgeschwader (Surveillance Sqn), Schweizer Luftwaffe (Swiss Air Force), at Dübendorf Air Base, Switzerland, in late 1965.

The Mark I kit is not an easy build with several fit issues but with some work and care a decent result can be achieved. I added retraction arms to the main legs and a probe above the nose ahead of the windscreen from stretched sprue. The nose probe was also replaced by one made from stretched sprue. The kit was fully painted with brush. Some panels were given different tones but no more weathering was applied since this machine was new in 1965.

Thank you for looking and all comments are welcome as always
Miguel

xWkmed0m6qIfF2ScYkqEwBHBRK6tUi8jK3YkpWUS

02v28XCk7nMgRnWuRbTi5IKV5BCDxYrIwcfRND_C

5H3txnRxnZS6N2PG5hcsqQdxt2Nk0WXmnGZ81lOc

x26ykgsC_wS5_QG0EV5XEd1JJu9oLjEyZyhwUqmm

nAS5vbApvwk7LCVD9OtSLZ0gLO4pM-5mXHA_VBhe

K27FIoo8KJq32dff-N9sRGYic0wK8FRfPozfvfYN

PGrKMQSKlId0zyCG9ccUigtCPMDqBFBEaEL_qc0Q

7QYEqwHb4mQVem_1yfqOCpcT5VgFX3_XfQk8qUa9

rSf4oXvRZR9B4KM7AgRVJdXEAf8SIYK3d704m5_j

• Like 17

nice!

:thumbsup:

remember, this is  1/144th

Maybe a bit nose high instead of nose low.... there seems to be a kink upward in the front fuselage... I guess it is there in the mold already... hope you do not mind!

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone!

On 13/10/2019 at 22:10, exdraken said:

nice!

:thumbsup:

remember, this is  1/144th

Maybe a bit nose high instead of nose low.... there seems to be a kink upward in the front fuselage... I guess it is there in the mold already... hope you do not mind!

🤔 Ummm, I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.

The fuselage parts come with the fighter nose and so this has to be chopped off and the recce nose added... as best as one can in the right position as there are no tabs or guidelines! This join was a few mm ahead of the windscreen, maybe you are referring to something in that area. Apart from that it's the windscreen itself that I can see. Could you specify the exact area please (if you want to)? Thanks a lot anyway.

Miguel

18 hours ago, Mig88 said:

Thank you everyone!

🤔 Ummm, I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.

The fuselage parts come with the fighter nose and so this has to be chopped off and the recce nose added... as best as one can in the right position as there are no tabs or guidelines! This join was a few mm ahead of the windscreen, maybe you are referring to something in that area. Apart from that it's the windscreen itself that I can see. Could you specify the exact area please (if you want to)? Thanks a lot anyway.

Miguel

neither am I sure..... :D

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/model/Dassault Mirage IIIRS

1337780-large.jpg

I will try to explain what I mean, I found the photo above in a similar position...

it looks like the models exhaust and points slightly upwards/ the main body leans slightly down in the front (look at the back e.g.) then at the panel line where the air intakes are glue to the main frame, to my eye the nose/ cockpit section is more or less horizontal, as in the comparison photo I chose....

but maybe it is all only my eyes! Sorry for any confusion or miss-interpretation!

Edited by exdraken
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, exdraken said:

neither am I sure..... :D

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/model/Dassault Mirage IIIRS

1337780-large.jpg

I will try to explain what I mean, I found the photo above in a similar position...

it looks like the models exhaust and points slightly upwards/ the main body leans slightly down in the front (look at the back e.g.) then at the panel line where the air intakes are glue to the main frame, to my eye the nose/ cockpit section is more or less horizontal, as in the comparison photo I chose....

but maybe it is all only my eyes! Sorry for any confusion or miss-interpretation!

OK, now I see what you mean. Yes, there is something there. It's the kit's moulds but it also maybe a bit of a problem I had with the main u/c units. In the next kit I should shave them a bit at the top to fit more snugly into place and maybe the tail will sit in a more horizontal position. I'm also seing that the spine is a bit wavy when it should be straight. Anyhow thanks for pointing it out! :thumbsup:

Miguel