Nieuport Ni-10 & Ni-11 questions

ReccePhreak

I have a Special Hobby 1/48 Nieuport 10 "Single Seater Version", but I have aftermarket decals for a Royal Siamese Air Service Nieuport 11.

I don't have any references on these planes, but I can't really see any differences between the two aircraft.

Can I use my Special Hobby Ni-11 single seater version, or should I sell it and get the Eduard Ni-11 Weekend Edition instead?

The only other thing I notice is the decal instruction drawings show the plane with wire spoked wheels. Does anybody make PE "spokes" for the kit, or even decals to represent the wires?

Larry, in Florida

Hello Larry

I am not familiar with SH or Eduard kits, but real Ni.10 was considerably longer and had a larger wingspan than Ni.11. Also, fuselages differed considerably, as did the undercarriages. Did you perhaps mean Ni.11 and Ni.16? Apart from engines, those two types were very similar. Cheers

Jure

22 minutes ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello Larry

I am not familiar with SH or Eduard kits, but real Ni.10 was considerably longer and had a larger wingspan than Ni.11. Also, fuselages differed considerably, as did the undercarriages. Did you perhaps mean Ni.11 and Ni.16? Apart from engines, those two types were very similar. Cheers

Jure

Hello Jure,

Thanks for that info. I guess I will get the Eduard Ni.11 and put my Special Hobby up for sale.

Cheers,

Larry

Don't  know about airframe differences but if it's  spoked wheels your after then Hannants keep a set for the Polkarpov po2 that can be adapted by drilling out the centre of the kit wheels - I did this on my Ninak. The company is called Metallic Details. Do a search by typing in "spoked wheels" on the Big H website.

• 2 weeks later...

The N10 will not be an easy conversion to the N11, if you want an 11 better to buy an 11 or 16 model. The 10 and 12 were two seaters, the 11 a single seater.

Ian

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

The N10 will not be an easy conversion to the N11, if you want an 11 better to buy an 11 or 16 model. The 10 and 12 were two seaters, the 11 a single seater.

Ian

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned in my original post, I have a Special Hobby 1/48 Nieuport 10 "Single Seater Version, not the 2 seater version.

I did manage to trade for an Eduard 1/48 Nieuport Ni-11, and since I have found color profiles for both the single-seat Ni-10 AND the Ni-11 in Royal Siamese Aeronautical Service, I will keep both kits and do them in RSAS markings.

I understand that, but it was still a 2 seater without the front seat, a totally different aircraft from the single seat 11.

Looking forward to seeing them built!

Ian