1/48 - Focke-Achgelis FA-223 Drache by Special Hobby - released

Homebee

Special Hobby is to re-release (link) its 1/48th  Focke-Achgelis FA-223 Drache kit as captured a/c - ref. SH48201

Box art was on display this weekend at IPMS Belgium National/Plastic & Steel 2019.

20191012-103346-resized.jpg

And today (13/10/2019) Scalemates reproduced not only the info but also the original Britmodeller © picture reframed without the due credits (link).

Britmodeller frequently copied but never equalled! :winkgrin:

Scal.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just finished the original boxing of this kit and want to say it is very buildable and results in a very unique addition to any chopper collection.  There is no way I found to add enough weight up front to avoid a tail sitter but you can dig a pilot figure out of your spare box to inspect the back (and hold it up).  Also, I replaced the drive shafts with a metal rod just because it was was easier to get it straight.  But this really is a nice kit.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

They updated the clear parts on this kit and they are now injection molded  (follow the link above to the Special Hobby website and they have the instructions available in PDF which have the sprue layouts).  The originals were vacuform, which was a bit of work to get right.  This is a huge improvement.

On December 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM, Ka-Efka said:

SH48020 did already have injection moulded canopy parts. This should have been the initial boxing, not 100% sure though. 

Your right- I was confusing this with their earlier helicopter model with the vac canopies.