Boeing 707-123

Plumbum

I need some information on my next airliner project. I was looking for a 1/144 kit for

an American Airlines 707-123. I know way back when Revell did a kit but that must

be long out of production and dated. Who does one today, Airfix, Minicraft, Roden,

or Eastern Express? Thanks for any help.---John

Authentic Airliners makes a 707-120 which is mouth-watering and should be at euro 65. The Revell kit is slightly overscale and suffers from huge rivets, but is otherwise quite decent, was released with fan and non-fan engines in its time, and is reasonably widely available secondhand, sometimes at reasonable prices.

Right.. That leaves you with the Revell kit.

The alternative (for a fan-engined 707-123_B_) is stretching a Roden 720B. If you want a non-fan 707-123, you have a very painful surgical job (and one with a very uncertain outcome) involving a non-fan Roden 720 and a Minicraft K/C-135 wing. Vintage Flyer Decals do several rather jolly AA schemes, with the nice touch that they are available in either 1/144 scale or Revell's fit-the-box 1/139 scale.

Thanks, I was able to purchase a sealed Revell original kit H243 in 1/139 scale so I will live with the

rivets but get Vintage Flyer Decals  for AA in 1/139 scale.---John

On 10/15/2019 at 6:21 PM, Johnv said:

Thanks, I was able to purchase a sealed Revell original kit H243 in 1/139 scale so I will live with the

rivets but get Vintage Flyer Decals  for AA in 1/139 scale.---John

The old box scale Revell kit can be built into a very nice 707-123.

Here's my brother's build:

https://www.airlinercafe.com/photosearch.php?reg=N7503A

Tim

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VH-USB said:

a very nice 707-123

You can say that again . Looks ace . Tell him well done .

Beautiful build! That looks like the older kit with TCs on all four engines and JT3C engines to

boot. Mine is a newer boxing with new engines, ventral fin and tall tail.---John