HaHen Boeing 707

HaHen offer a package deal for a 707-430 in a Lufthansa livery which consists of decals, Heller 707 and some very nice looking resin RR engines. Can this be built OOB or do the wings need surgery? If they do, does anyone make the necessary parts?

Slight surgery is needed to the wings -- the PW-powered 320 and RR-powered 420 ("the Intercontinentals") had slightly different inboard flaps and a slightly shorter span. There were also slightly fewer leading edge Krueger flaps, but that simply means filling-in some of the inscribed detail. Absolute maniacs with nothing better to do will whittle away some of the aft end of the wing/body fairing, which is infinitesimally (and I mean truly infinitesimally!) slimmer on the 707 Intercontinental. More on the wing here.

Edited by skippiebg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know where the OP is located? But if its outside Germany, as good as the HaHen deal is, the Heller 707 is a big beastie and its a racing certainty any saving (maybe more) will be eaten up in postage. It is probably more cost effective to source the kit locally to keep the post down and get the HaHen 'bits' seperately - I see Hannants are currently listing them at twenty eight quid, so work back from there. That said, even at £28 it is still good value considering the size and sheer amount of styrene in the box.

I however, snagged two of the Heller 707s in a sale here in Blighty (both sub twenty spondulaks). I was gobsmacked at the size of the package when the postie knocked at the door. I had to subsequently send an apologetic eMail to the vendor because I had intially queried the post cost.

The HaHen decals and resin RR Conway's are the dogs cahoonas and are most definatley the way to go if that is the 707 variant you wish to build, they even include a spare Conway and pylon if one mucks up, as well as detailed drawings instructions, you all know the drill.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2