Luftwaffe F-104F’s.

TBC

Hi, 

I've just bought Daco Decals German Starfighters decal set. 

And the instruction states that almost all camouflaged aircrafts had their stencils in German. 

Bare metal version had the stencils in English. 

HTH

/Bosse

In English on NM F-104Fs (BB+372 here), the same on early wavy scheme camouflaged aircraft with both two letter+three digit (photos of BB+375, BB+368 and BB+381 here, DA+368 and DD-377 here and BB+364 here and BB+376 here) and four digit codes (29+09 here and 29+21 here) and bilingual on later straight edge camouflage scheme planes with four digits codes. More than just a few exceptions had been thrown in for a good measure like this NM 21+21 (ex-29+17) here with bilingual stencils, albeit this aircraft had been reduced to ground instructional airframe after an accident in 1970. Cheers

Jure

9 hours ago, Marlin said:

Hi, 

I've just bought Daco Decals German Starfighters decal set. 

And the instruction states that almost all camouflaged aircrafts had their stencils in German. 

Bare metal version had the stencils in English. 

HTH

/Bosse

Thanks for the reply, but after reading through the instructions I can find nowhere where it actually says that. Unless there is something in German which hasn’t been also translated into English in the instructions.

I actually sent Danny an email 2 days ago regarding my query but he hasn’t replied.

Edited by TBC

12 hours ago, TBC said:

Thanks for the reply, but after reading through the instructions I can find nowhere where it actually says that. Unless there is something in German which hasn’t been also translated into English in the instructions.

I actually sent Danny an email 2 days ago regarding my query but he hasn’t replied.

OK Sorry for that then. 

I guess a read it wrong. 

/Bosse

According to page 3 of the Daco German Starfighters decal sheet booklet English only stencils were used on the natural metal F / TF-104G's and early camo schemes, then changed to dual German / English stencils about the time that white outlined aircraft letter / number codes were introduced.

If you see a photo showing a double yellow "Rescue " arrow, and white outlined ejection seat warning triangles then that would indicate the dual language stencils. HTH:cheers: