Emirates Boeing 777-31H/ER - Zvezda 1/144 "Big Foot"

Here is my completed Zvezda Boeing 777-31H/ER "Big Foot" wearing 26Decals Emirates colours. Built as a commission for a happy Emirates frequent flyer who wants to remember her most recent voyage in 1/144 scale.

Not show standards, and quickly assembled in less than 7 nights. The kit is very well engineered, made better than the normal civil kit with a sensibly designed 2 piece whole wing assembly that can be plugged straight into the completed fuselage - ideal for shipping to the customer and reduces masking and filling by many hours. I'm not sure if Zvezda or 26Decals are at fault but the kits window spacing does not match the decals so the window decals had to be added in batches of 2's and 3's to marry up with the kits windows. Not really a problem but a big time waster. Having built the Minicraft 777-200 years back with costly Braz resin add-on parts, Zvezda's kit really does shame the alternative. Those whopping big Genny-Lec's (GE's) are a mini kit in themselves with superbly engineering forward and rear turbine blades.

Minus the "Big Foot's" undercarriage, this model has been assembled as a ceiling hanging display. Having just built the same customer a 1/144 Emirates a380, the 777-3ER certainly is a true Boeing giant.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-11 at 12.30.23 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-11 at 12.30.46 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-11 at 12.30.04 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-08 at 10.03.56 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-11 at 11.08.08 AM(1)

and the previous commission for the same client

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.46.47 PM(2)

Thanks for dropping in

John

• Like 29

4 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

I can only repeat what I said on the WIP thread - fantastic!

Dave G

I couldn't agree more with the above, fabulous builds of two of my favourite big glamorous birds to fly on, as well as in the livery of the best airline, I have ever been lucky enough to fly with regularly. 

Absolutely stunning, both of them. Nice one sir. Cheers    

1 minute ago, picard said:

I couldn't agree more with the above, fabulous builds of two of my favourite big glamorous birds to fly on, as well as in the livery of the best airline, I have ever been lucky enough to fly with regularly. 

Absolutely stunning, both of them. Nice one sir. Cheers    

Thanks very much Picard

19 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

I can only repeat what I said on the WIP thread - fantastic!

Dave G

Thanks Dave - glad you like it - I can only hope the client does too!

• Like 1

Really beautiful. What a fantastic work to finish the 777 for someone to have great continuing memories of a great flight. Both the 777 and the 380 look quite stunning. Nice work indeed. I would assume the wings/engines off is for shipping? Did you devise a method for them to be placed back on by the customer, so they'll stay on? 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, Challenger350Pilot said:

Really beautiful. What a fantastic work to finish the 777 for someone to have great continuing memories of a great flight. Both the 777 and the 380 look quite stunning. Nice work indeed. I would assume the wings/engines off is for shipping? Did you devise a method for them to be placed back on by the customer, so they'll stay on? 

Hi there - thanks for the words - the kit shipped as 2 pieces and the customer just clipped them in  - Happy days !

• Like 1

Hi John,

Nearly missed this one. What a lovely job you've done on this and I'm only 7 days! It does help using the Zvezda kit though it's one of my favourites!

A quick turnaround can be done, I did a 2 day commission just before last Christmas, but it is stressful!

I'm anxious to know did it arrive safely and in one (two) piece(s)? I dread to think of it being tossed around at the carriers depot.

Cheers,

Ian

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:37 PM, Turbofan said:

Hi John,

Nearly missed this one. What a lovely job you've done on this and I'm only 7 days! It does help using the Zvezda kit though it's one of my favourites!

A quick turnaround can be done, I did a 2 day commission just before last Christmas, but it is stressful!

I'm anxious to know did it arrive safely and in one (two) piece(s)? I dread to think of it being tossed around at the carriers depot.

Cheers,

Ian

cheers Ian

It arrived safe and sound in Marlow - It travelled in the kits original boxing but well packed in foam chunks - I know the customer and visited them to check that both kits had since been successfully ceiling suspended - they both look great on their study ceiling now

John