Air Atlantique DC-3 Green Stripe Livery

On 10/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, lasermonkey said:

Back in the eighties, I used to see a DC-3 fly over every night at around 9.15 pm, or at the very least I'd hear it. Apparently it was the Stansted-Glasgow night mail run, which was done by Air Atlantique, so there's a very good chance that 'AMPO was one of those I saw.

One day I listened out for it and it never came. It probably sounds weird, but the sound of that DC-3 in the distance used to tug at the ol' heart in quite a profound manner, and I still miss the old girl.

It's lovely to see that model. I have plans to do the whole Air Atlantique fleet at some point, but I'll probably start with 'AMPO, what with green being my favourite colour and all.

I had the same experiance, my parents house was pretty much parallel but several miles away from Baginton Airport in Coventry, every night you'd get the aircraft flying in between 21:00 and 23:00 ran by Air Atlantique and several other companies moving mail and such. My bedroom gave a great view of the airport where I could see the planes coming in, was great when they had air shows back in the 80's too!

Rich

• Like 1