Zvezda Emirates Boeing 777-31H in 1/144

Another commission for the same client who recently had me build them an A380 in Emirates colours. This is the Zvezda 777-300ER dressed up in the 26Decals Emirates 777-31H livery. My client has just flown out of Stanstead on one of these bound for Dubai and wanted another reminder of her journey in 1/144 scale as a ceiling hanging display.

The Kit: WOW - this is an amazing kit and certainly far better than the Minicraft 777 which I have previously built and had to alter with numerous Braz resin front-end and engine corrective parts. Zvezda have put some incredible engineering into their moulding detail and the central one piece wing join is a great way to hold the correct profile (their 747-8 and 787-8 kist both use the same attachment method)

While 26 decals have never disappointed me, either Zveda or 26 have the window spacing wrong. I've had to attach the window decals in groups of 3 to avoid spacing problems. I should have this completed within the next few days or so.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-08 at 9.19.53 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-08 at 10.03.56 PM

• Like 7

That really is looking fantastic.

I'm very interested in your approach to assembly. For as long as I've been building airliners I've been a "stick it together and mask it" modeller, the only exceptions being the Revell 767 and A350 which both have exceptionally well-fitting wings. It would never have occurred to me to do what you have done and build a wing sub-assembly complete with fuselage belly section and only bring the parts together once the decals are on. Do you anticipate any touching up or have you got the fit so good that shouldn't be necessary? 

Anything has to be better than the Minicraft 777, even the Doyusha version. At least is was roughly the right shape even if the trailing edges were about the same thickness as the real aircraft!

Dave G

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That really is looking fantastic.

I'm very interested in your approach to assembly. For as long as I've been building airliners I've been a "stick it together and mask it" modeller, the only exceptions being the Revell 767 and A350 which both have exceptionally well-fitting wings. It would never have occurred to me to do what you have done and build a wing sub-assembly complete with fuselage belly section and only bring the parts together once the decals are on. Do you anticipate any touching up or have you got the fit so good that shouldn't be necessary? 

Anything has to be better than the Minicraft 777, even the Doyusha version. At least is was roughly the right shape even if the trailing edges were about the same thickness as the real aircraft!

Dave G

Hi Dave - thanks for the words - I wont be filling the belly once the wings are ready as it needs to be posted as 2 pieces - the end customer to simply push fit the wing sub-section block into place upon opening her parcel. It will ship with its ceiling suspension lines ready fitted.

simples...

• Like 1