Trumpeter 1:16 T34/85

Calling this done but there might be more tinkering to come - extra weathering and maybe some lead foil tarps or similar. I've kept it a bit cleaner than I normally would, but always the opportunity to clart it up a bit more later on. My crate of spuds looks more like bread rolls, but I guess they have just raided a bakery! Crate itself courtesy of the coffee stirrers provided by my benevolent employer.

I got this for my 40th birthday and I'm now 41.5! Overall I racked up about 104 hours. Really impressed by Trumpeters engineering, a pretty much vice free build except for the brake shoes, which snapped and had to be replaced with some bits from a Guinness tin. I've got about 225 in progress photos but I'll keep them to myself unless anyone wants to see any specific bits!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meet the family! 1/76 scale currently in gestation...

spacer.png

And a few in progress shots - new brake shoes, thanks to Arthur & family!

spacer.png

Comparison with Tamiya 1:35 King Tiger

spacer.png

And just after I'd thrown caution to the window and sprayed Halfords "Garden Green" over the black primer. Around this time I was thinking "OMG - what have I done?!" After a misting with black and some dunkelgrun it turned out OK though...

spacer.png

• Like 4