DH Vampire T11, CFS

Hi

After completing the 1:32 Tornado I felt I needed something easier to build, so went for the Airfix 1:72 Vampire T11 as a straight OOB build.  I found the kit really enjoyable with a good fit generally.  The decals however were very difficult to work with.  The vast number of very small decals were hard on the old eyes and I managed to lose one or two that folded, flipper or otherwise got messed up.  The larger orange decals were very brittle especially on the compound curves on the nose and the tail booms.

On to the images.

IMG_20190919_164801527[1]

IMG_20190919_164735094[1]

IMG_20190919_164714164[1]

IMG_20190919_164710331[1]

IMG_20190919_164700707~2[1]

Thanks for looking.

Graeme

Edited by dbay133
Reset images
  • Like 22

Look's great Graeme,I did the Swedish Version then had a crack at this one and failed miserably so extra point's for making a superb

job of those awful dayglo decals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Look's great Graeme,I did the Swedish Version then had a crack at this one and failed miserably so extra point's for making a superb

job of those awful dayglo decals.

Thanks, I did get to a point of thinking that I would have been better doing the Swedish version.  If I had hair I would have pulled it out.

3 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

She looks excellent! A very attractive blood sucker, and you apparently managed to wrestle those infamous dayflos into snug submission.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks,  the dayglo was fighting back at every stage but there was satisfaction when it was finally finished.

2 hours ago, rayprit said:

Nice build, its a shame they are spoilt by the Photobucket logo, is it not possible to fade those logos a bit to see the full detail of your work?

Thanks.  I don't get the logo showing, but maybe because it is my account.  I will have a look at Photobucket and see if there is any way to change it.

2 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Nice Vampire, are all the dayglo decals?

Thanks.  Yes the decal sheet has acres of dayglo on it.🙂

1 hour ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Same 😕

Likewise. Noticed this a lot when it comes to OB images eveerywhere....

Shame really as it looks to be a nice build.

2 hours ago, Bell209 said:

Is it just me or are these Photobucket images blurred all of a sudden?

2 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Same 😕

52 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Likewise. Noticed this a lot when it comes to OB images eveerywhere....

Shame really as it looks to be a nice build.

I have replaced the images with links to Flickr.  Hopefully this will resolve the blurring problem.

5 hours ago, dbay133 said:

I have replaced the images with links to Flickr.  Hopefully this will resolve the blurring problem.

The blurring problem is because I have exceeded the new hosting limit that restricts free hosters to 25MB of hosting bandwidth beginning June 1, 2019.

• Like 1