Mach 2 Telford release: 1/72 VC-10

Procopius

10 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

A Handley Page Handbag?

Beat me to it, for the period the Hastings was regarded as a heavyweight. Still a Beverley would be nice as well. 

10 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I reckon he's gone and got a bigger machine.  I mean c'mon, Heavy Lift / RAF Transport, it has to be a Belfast!

Or ... it could be a Lockheed Tristar K.1

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

Strong rumours say: 1/72nd Vickers VC-10, three boxes: BOAC, camouflaged & grey.

V.P.

I can see that, also some other airlines as well. Not sure about size for me, would push domestic tolerance levels. 

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

three boxes: BOAC, camouflaged & grey.

I thought initially you meant that it is so large it comes in three boxes :doh:

50 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I just don't have the room for

Sorry Stu, but that's not a valid reason not to get a kit. :fraidnot: Certainly not in my loft anyway! :frantic:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If heavy lift, then only options would seem to be Hastings, Beverley or Belfast.  But I would respond very positively to a VC10, Tristar or Voyager.

Just hope we do not get anything like the Comet/Nimrod cross that we got last year - just look at the engine fairings.

Howard

1 hour ago, Des said:

VC10 would be fantastic but which one as it is a bit more complicated than 'BOAC, RAF camouflaged & grey' with no easy one size fits all for the different variants?

I think with Mach 2 there's a certain limit to the level of finesse that may be expected.

• Haha 5

A 1/72 VC10 would be just too big for me!  I have already run out of cabinet space and just pointless putting it in the attic,built or unbuilt. Currently having a cull on my stash.

An Andover would be an acceptable size though, with alternative fuselage rears for a HS748?

Edited by AMB

7 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

You’d need more than just a new rear fuselage to make a HS748 out of an Andover C1 (HS780).

Okay well yes, but that would be a start and Micromir would need a bit of encouragement!   Also they are supposed to be working on a 1/144th Hastings, which would certainly float my boat as an acceptable size.

Bought a Mach 2 PBM a long, long time ago.  Spent weeks trying to make the canopy clear.  Sanding, micro mesh, polishing, toothpaste, Future.  Nothing worked.  A waste of time.  Vowed never again to buy another Mach 2 kit unless their clear parts improved.  Shame really, they issued some desirable subjects.  

Bought a Vickers Viscount some years before.

The best help comes from 26decals with a nice sheet and transfers on all windows.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21603181@N08/5326288543/in/photolist-97EC26

Now have a Convair 440 and a Caravelle in my stash, looking for decals to cover the windows.

modelldoc