Eriksson 1/600 HMS Ark Royal R09

sniperUK

I have just bought on eBay the Eriksson 1/600th HMS Ark Royal multi media kit, I can find virtually nothing about it and would like to get any thoughts on building it and if anything else, generic etch sets etc will be needed for it.

I am really an aircraft modeller but want this to match my Buccaneer and Phantom builds.

Sorry can't be much help either ,did not even know there was a 1/600 kit,same here nothing on the net about it.Hope you know about Starlings model kit in 1/700 HMS Ark Royal, again resin kit with photo etching ,with aircraft and spares can be bought if require . Here is my  finished Ark. 

ImPAvai.jpg

6LBAYFN.jpg

ICKBWia.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 9

Like Chris, I was unaware of this kit but have found a reference to it on Scalemates. WEM used to do generic Cold War etch for RN ships, so you could look for those. As for aircraft in that scale, tricky. I don't know if the Airfix HMS Victorious had any Buccaneers that could be used?

Not much help, sorry!

Terry

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Nope: Scimitars, Sea Vixens and Skyraiders.

Too bad. Looks like you can get some on through shapeways though..............

https://www.shapeways.com/product/WJRYF3QJT/phantom-fg-1-w-gear-x8-fud?optionId=63100006&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4M99LZPQS/1-600-buccaneer-faa-w-gear-x8-fud?optionId=61980885&li=marketplace

That is just the one I found, I'm sure there are others, but a bit pricey!

Terry

• Like 2

The kit comes with a half dozen of each white metal Phantoms,Buccs and a couple of Wessex, though I will need to see how good they are but I would be happy to replace them with the Shapeways ones if needed plus add a couple of Gannets. Will post some pics once it arrives, it only cost thirty quid so I'm happy to add to it.

• Like 3

No wish to diss a fine modeller such as @Chris Hewitt, but I’m sure he won’t mind me pointing out that the 1/700 Ark 4 was produced by Peter Hall / Atlantic Models, not Starling (as per his post); they merely sell it!  Both organisations are huge contributors to all UK ship modellers (and thus empty my wallet fairly regularly), but credit where credit’s due.

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 5