1/72 Jo-Han ME 262 B-1A Night Fighter

Walter

Like so many I've rekindled my hobby after a very very long time. After getting back into it a few months ago I had to buy an airbrush and try it. The guinea pig is a ME 262 B-1A. After some lengthy research I think I found the correct colour scheme for this particular a/c which is Red 12. So this Jo-Han kit is old its 1973 and its very basic with no cockpit detail. Now I confess this isn't much of a work in progress as I pretty much finished before discovering this forum. Save decals and weights its almost done. I will post more once completed.

Box Art from the 70's

48863628633_e5cede6a9c_b.jpg

Note the high production values in the instruction booklet

48864352357_9f9018df2c_b.jpg

48864352127_a26efe4288_b.jpg

Here is my first go at air brushing

48864150111_23cf22c5db_b.jpg

48863629038_bd63ecbe13_b.jpg

48864351742_74fbc7bc24_b.jpg

48864351612_bb3891eeb6_b.jpg

This kit didn't come with drop tanks which is another little anomaly with the kit, any way its an easy fix.

48864351522_c2f6454afb_b.jpg

Edited by Walter
  • Like 13

P.S. I'm obviously doing something wrong with posting images stored on Flikr. For some reason copying the url with the insert image button wouldn't work so I pasted the link into the post, This isn't correct is it? 🙁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walter said:

P.S. I'm obviously doing something wrong with posting images stored on Flikr. For some reason copying the url with the insert image button wouldn't work so I pasted the link into the post, This isn't correct is it? 🙁

That’s what I do.  The insert image button doesn’t work for me either.

AW

Your are using Flickr wrong. Click on your image and it will open it on a new page. In the bottom right corner you will see a bent arrow.  Click on that and it will open it's url link box. Copy the link straight into your forum post text box and enter. You will see it open in your post.  Then save your post. 

You don't use the insert image from URL.

10 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Your are using Flickr wrong. Click on your image and it will open it on a new page. In the bottom right corner you will see a bent arrow.  Click on that and it will open it's url link box. Copy the link straight into your forum post text box and enter. You will see it open in your post.  Then save your post. 

You don't use the insert image from URL.

Ok thanks

I'd say a very good start for a first foray into airbrushing... Starting out with a Luftwaffe mottle on a 1/72 scale subject is setting yourself a pretty steep curve.. :)  One which you seem to have handled well.

By the way, the circular DF loop (direction finding) should be set into the fuselage so the loop is actually touching the fuselage - minor thing really...

Great start into the world of airbrushing.

Matt

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I like it.  I had one of those as a kid, seemed to me the fit and shape were there, plus all the various options.  Panel lines were a heavy, but not as bad as Matchbox, almost par with older Hornby Airfix.  Not terribly detailed but everything was very crisp.  I'm not sure how they got such amazing radar aerials so long ago.

Thank you guys I've finally completed decals one more going over with clear finish. 

I think this is the best I can do with this one. I'm disappointed with the stencil but this is partly my fault not preparing the model better before painting. 

2019-11-19_06-12-17 2019-11-19_06-12-32

2019-11-19_06-11-51

• Like 2