1/72 - Sukhoi Su-25 & Su-25UB "Frogfoot" by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders+box art - release in 2023

Homebee

Thanks Tali/Greenmats! http://www.greenmats.club/

Clearprop Models is to release new tool 1/72nd Sukhoi Su-25 "Frogfoot"  kits: 

- ref. 72017 - Sukhoi Su-25 "Frogfoot"

- ref. 72018 - Sukhoi Su-25UB "Frogfoot-B"

Source: http://www.greenmats.club/forums/topic/6389-clear-prop-172-su-25-–-анонс/

Clear-Prop-Su-25-1-jpg-0f565301088a7fa3f

Clear-Prop-Su-25-2-jpg-5b8efad7f975a82f9

Source: http://scalemodels.ru/news/14347-anons-ClearProp-1-72-su-25---3D-rendery.html

1570622912-photo-2019-10-09-14-51-15.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYY 

I always expected trumpeter or modelsvit to fill this gaping hole but clearpop model is evidently on a mission plugging gaps . Will be pricey no doubt but will make an exception for this one . This model is a dream weathering  project. 

Won't surprise me if they deliver a Mig-23 next , we have no quality model of that type either except that hideously difficult RV kit . 

• Like 1

I bought a Revell kit some 25 years ago, it was quite nice, really good surface detail, lots of stores. It must have been a reboxing I guess, but apparently it's not all that accurate? Good to see someone stepping in on this then.

Probably need to mortgage the house to afford one coz their tiny Gloster Pioneer is £35 in Hannants!

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

Probably need to mortgage the house to afford one

The house is not enough....need to mortgage

Buckingham Palace

as minimum, London

as maximum!

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 4

£35 it maybe, but to some of us it's £35 well spent. I have to play devil's advocate and fight the manufacturer's corner on this one. We must remember that Clearprop's products are short run mixed media kits and like any producer, they need to make a good profit margin to justify producing more of the kits that we all want - like the Su-25.

In contrast I've also got an old Eastern Express Gloster Pioneer that I picked up for £9.50 at Gloucester Air Museum (appropraitely) and that's not worth even that much compared to the Clearprop version, it really does show that you get what you pay for. If you want a product of its time, a few bits of plastic and enough detail that it looks alright when viewed from over a mile away then buy the Eastern Express/Frog product. If you want a product of 2019 with etched and resin bits as part of the package, extreme detail packed into what truly is a tiny package and a beautiful rendition of a groundbreaking plane, buy the Clearprop.

Unfortunately the Su-25 doesn't fit any of my modelling interests but I might have to get one just to add what will be a very worthwhile model to my stash; I can always What-If it as an East German Air Force one :)

• Like 1

Clearprop kits aside from Gloster E28 are state if the art full mainstream kits made from high quality steel molds.

There are plenty of kits today that have same quality of injection molding+there is nothing inherently revolutionary in their current quality of toolings to warrant such prices.

Market will decide, but from my perspective 25€ for 1/72 Claude, 50€+ for Seasprite or Su-25 is beyond reason.

Edited by Thomas V.

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, Thomas V. said:

Clearprop kits aside from Gloster E28 are state if the art full mainstream kits made from high quality steel molds.

There are plenty of kits today that have same quality of injection molding+there is nothing inherently revolutionary in their current quality of toolings to warrant such prices.

Market will decide, but from my perspective 25€ for 1/72 Claude, 50€+ for Seasprite or Su-25 is beyond reason.

Do you have the Claude? It is an amazing package. For 27 euros you get not only a state of the art kit which is as good as anything Tamiya or Eduard produce these days, but also a full resin engine consisting of 33 parts, a photo-etch sheet for small detailing, brass pitot and gunsight, canopy and landing light masks and a film to replicate the instrument panel dials.

Have a look at what you pay for a 72nd scale WWII fighter kit these days, even 'simple' kits from Airfix are in the 10-12 quid range and short run kits are usually around 15 or 20, easily. Tamiya and Hasegawa even more.

All those kits don't give you any of the extras that Clear Prop provides as standard, and they would cost you a lot more if you got them as aftermarket. And if you want to save some cash, go for the non-expert version, which still includes the etch and the panel film, it's 19 euros.

A lot of money =/ expensive.

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 4

On 10/8/2019 at 4:04 PM, sroubos said:

I bought a Revell kit some 25 years ago, it was quite nice, really good surface detail, lots of stores. It must have been a reboxing I guess, but apparently it's not all that accurate? Good to see someone stepping in on this then.

Was it this one? I have it as well. Apparently it's originally from Ace Hobby (1988). This was the second re-boxing by Revell, with similar artwork to the first, just different presentation.

spacer.png

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-4384-sukhoi-su-25-frogfoot--132291

I have the KP kit as well: The original boxing released by KP in 1989 (and by the world and his wife since then).

6 hours ago, sroubos said:

Do you have the Claude? It is an amazing package. For 27 euros you get not only a state of the art kit which is as good as anything Tamiya or Eduard produce these days, but also a full resin engine consisting of 33 parts, a photo-etch sheet for small detailing, brass pitot and gunsight, canopy and landing light masks and a film to replicate the instrument panel dials.

Have a look at what you pay for a 72nd scale WWII fighter kit these days, even 'simple' kits from Airfix are in the 10-12 quid range and short run kits are usually around 15 or 20, easily. Tamiya and Hasegawa even more.

All those kits don't give you any of the extras that Clear Prop provides as standard, and they would cost you a lot more if you got them as aftermarket. And if you want to save some cash, go for the non-expert version, which still includes the etch and the panel film, it's 19 euros.

A lot of money =/ expensive.

Yes I have, and i was not even referring to the( Early )Expert kit, Advanced ( Late ) Claude from Clearprop costs 22 euros, compared to 17,90 for Eduards MiG-21 and 14,90 for Spitfires,

both are comparable technology wise,and even to Spitfire,Claude is a diminutive kit.

If someone thinks that paying 50+ euros for Su-25 is reasonable, fair enough, I will state again my subjective opinion that is ludicrous.

I have tried to cobble up a decent Frogfoot from just about every 1/72 kit out there, even the horrid old Hobbycraft one, and none of them measures up to the old OEZ 1/48 kit, which I built out of desperation, so I've already spent a potfull of money on this lost cause. I'm willing to believe that the Clear Prop kit will be the definitive Su-25 in 1/72 scale, and therefore I will buy it gladly, say whatever you like about the price!!! (Although if the price was low, I might buy two of them...)

John

1 hour ago, John Thompson said:

I have tried to cobble up a decent Frogfoot from just about every 1/72 kit out there, even the horrid old Hobbycraft one,

But maybe no need was built  a decent Frogfoot, maybe

of those models that were, it was easier to build:

- mockup  SPB:

1-Maket-samoleta-SPB.jpg

1a-Maket-samoleta-SPB.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUExKX_G8_Gxz3tFu0WON

- mockup LVSSH

1b-Maket-samoleta-LVSSH-T-8.jpg

- 1st  prototype:
1g-Pervyj-prototip-T-8-1-na-ispytaniyah.

1v-Pervyj-prototip-T-8-1.jpg

- 2nd  prototype:

2a-Vtoroj-prototip-T-8-2.jpg

544772_original.jpg

????

😉

B.R.

Serge 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 12:09 PM, Thomas V. said:

Where did you find price for Su-25? Why 50€? Why not 150€ or 15€?

50 euros is just your guess. And talk about the price of 50 euros and resent just ridiculous. Nobody knows the price of a model. Even the manufacturer.

6 hours ago, Dmitry Stelmakh said:

Where did you find price for Su-25? Why 50€? Why not 150€ or 15€?

50 euros is just your guess. And talk about the price of 50 euros and resent just ridiculous. Nobody knows the price of a model. Even the manufacturer.

Hi Dmitry, my Ukranian source which was never wrong, cited same price for Seasprite and Su-25, as 50+ euros range,depending on the boxing, I will be more than happy to be proven wrong.

As for the model itself, I have no doubt that it will be superlative..

Edited by Thomas V.

2 hours ago, Pin said:

That is supremely nice - my 50 Euros is already burning a hole in my pocket!

John

• Like 1