A strange world full of odd facts

Beardie

5 hours ago, Tzulscha said:

An actual research study commissioned by Guinness found that an estimated 162,719 pints of Irish stout go to waste every year… via mustaches.

The study found that 0.56 milliliters of Guinness get trapped in the average beard or mustache with each sip.

And it takes about 10 sips to finish a pint.

An estimated 92,370 Guinness consumers every year in the UK have facial hair.

Assuming they consume on average 180 pints each a year, the total cost of wasted Guinness annually is about $536,000.

The moral of this story? Shave and save!

NO! I've had my set since 1970, and I'm not getting rid of it just for a few drops of stout. Besides, the Guinness we get here is made locally under licence, and isn't a patch on the real deal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Guinness we get here is made locally under licence, and isn't a patch on the real deal!

Change the water, change the brew. Simples!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Besides, the Guinness we get here is made locally under licence, and isn't a patch on the real deal!

Know what you mean. Went on a rugby trip to Ireland once and had a visit to a Guinness Brewery. Tragic really. Great beer but one of the married guys slipped and fell into one of the vats and drowned. At least we could tell his wife he didn’t suffer though. He got out three times to go for a pee

• Haha 13

• 2 weeks later...

(Disclaimer: I don't to wish to appear political, but I don't think this really qualifies as political anyway. :lol:)

Ladies and gentleman, the next President of the United States of America!

7f9c58a1eede611ca88964e8a6a5c18458-kanye

Former President Obama once said of this man: "He's kind of a jackass." 

Wheeee!!:rofl2:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

The phrase She-who-must-be-obeyed is older than most people reckon

Most people think of it originating from Leo McKern in 'Rumpole of the Bailey' but it's actually from the story 'She' by H.R. Haggard, first published in 1886

• Like 6

There is a fairly recently new band called 'Two Door Cinema Club' from my town 

What I was told was they acquired their name by inspiration of a local privately owned cinema called the 'Tudor Cinema'

The band are punning the pronunciation of 'Tudor' to 'Two Door'

Little do they know that the 'Tudor' Cinema is punning the pronunciation of 'Two Door' !

The cinema has only two doors, thus its the Two-door/Tudor Cinema

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Tzulscha said:

(Disclaimer: I don't to wish to appear political, but I don't think this really qualifies as political anyway. :lol:)

Ladies and gentleman, the next President of the United States of America!

Former President Obama once said of this man: "He's kind of a jackass." 

Wheeee!!:rofl2:

I wonder who's going to be his running mate?  Is Mr. T doing anything these days?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

In 1926 jazz pianist Fats Waller was kidnapped and played at Al Capone's birthday party....

You been watching The Chase per chance? 😉

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 1

I've got two books about him and that was the first time i'd heard abou the Fats Waller incident...Another fact about Capone was the only nickname he liked/tolerated was 'Snorky',slang for fancy dresser if you called him Scarface or anything else you might've upset him a bit....

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

He's wearing headphones, does the Donkey have a throat mic?

No, but there is an FuG5 (luft) unit on the little donkey's back. You can just make out the antenna.

I think the saw horse arrangement is meant to stabilize the donkey when firing the panzerfaust.

He might just have a had a collision with a barrier and this is the insurance photo...

• Haha 1

Ah I see, I remember reading somewhere that the Fallschirmjager had no end of problems with non-stabilized Donkeys.

And this was despite Blohm und Voss doing experiments using test mules. :hobbyhorse:

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Tzulscha said:

When you Really REALLY need to stop those enemy tanks and all you have is a motor scooter...

Vespa_militare2.JPG

I've seen one of these in the Museum at Saumur. I just thought, if they were to fire that whilst it's on the move, it would do wonders for that scooter's acceleration.

John.

• Haha 3

On 8/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, Bullbasket said:

I've seen one of these in the Museum at Saumur. I just thought, if they were to fire that whilst it's on the move, it would do wonders for that scooter's acceleration.

John.

In actual fact it wouldn't as its a recoiless rifle!

Selwyn

• Like 2