Plague Champion of Nurgle

Hi all,

After a bit of a gap I finished off this Plague Champion who'd been sitting in my cabinet looking sad for a couple of months.

48861759561_a73e1184ab_b.jpg

The main cause of the delay was me not being able to decide what colour to paint his fly, I ended up going for a blood-fat red which I'm quite happy with.

48861233413_e237a2c228_b.jpg

The new Death Guard models are really great but they're quite fatiguing to paint. I ought to try a small batch of say, three, to get some more marines done but I think it might be too much like hard work. I do like painting them very much, I just don't immediately want to jump into the next one so they've been rather a long-term project.

48861761621_1c79a1e920_b.jpg

The good thing is that with each one I'm building up a "library" of Death Guard materials that I can pick and choose from. With this champion the red cloth, plague sword and fly are probably the key additions. I'm really pleased how the cloth came out :)

48861953047_755af22ca9_b.jpg

They do look good all together, the busyness fades a bit and you can appreciate the armour colour a bit more I think.

I'll carry on but probably try and finish another part-started model before doing another DG marine. Although I did just order the Japanese Space Marine Heroes box which has six more of the things...

NB: WIP thread for this model and others is here.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 13

On 10/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, Andy Moore said:

He looks great WIll, the highlight of course being that most red and juicy of flies.

*drool noise*

On 10/8/2019 at 10:57 PM, Soeren said:

Those models look amazing. But I feel you, table top ready is one thing. But building painting to ones standards can be exhausting especially considering sqaut and army sizes. 

Plastic Squats! You read it here first :)

I find it hard to paint to tabletop as the bit that usually takes me the longest (or at least feels the longest) is the basecoating. The requirement for neatness is punishing.

I can usually manage a unit of five models at a time (and I'm up to about 13 poxwalkers now because they're stupidly fun to paint) but the DG marines are just so complex.

W