Earth Federation Ship Andromeda

Hello one and all,

I've been keeping an eye on this GB and promised myself that I wouldn't get involved until I had finished my TSR-2MS (which I could of added to this GB now I think of it).  Anyhow, I have given in and decided to not let the Star Wars fanboys have all of the glory with the spaceships in this GB ;)  I do have a spaceship that I will be genuinely shocked if anyone knows what it is to add, but that will be a later date model after the TSR-2MS is done - how many times can you add filler to a model before it stops being a plastic model kit?  I had previously seen kits built by Will Vale, Madhatter and Misrule from the Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers series and thought they where cool.  It wasn't until about a year ago that I saw that Bandai had released what they dubed the "Mecha Collection" and the first release was the Earth Federation Ship Andromeda on HLJ.  Not knowing much about the series - I have seen a film but not much more than that but I do kinda get a Macross vibe from it, but the price was shocking only £4! I thought it was wrong so ordered it and was shocked when it turned up... anyhow enough of my sleep depraved ramblings on with the kit!

48855082411_8e003b3ecb_b.jpg

The box isn't much bigger than 16cm long and 10cm deep, but I do love the artwork.

648855280432_92bd579a94_b.jpg

Instructions printed on the inside of the box, very easy to follow.

48854724193_e35d8eae54_b.jpg

Sprues A1 and A2 - which contains the top part of the hull (is it a hull for a spaceship?).

48854723878_8bb069a33b_b.jpg

Sprues A3 and A4 which contains the bridge, engines and lower hull.

48855279877_fc4e5f38b7_b.jpg

The stand and the classic Bandai stickers, not sure if I will use them yet. 

After half an hour I was the below result.

48854723758_9882b090b2_b.jpg

48855081266_3c45c367b4_b.jpg

Looking at the detail levels in this ship, I can understand why everyone raves about the Star Wars kits - well they are from the same company!  I do have a Revell Star Destroyer to build, but I don't think it will compare to this kit.  The plan is to throw some paint on to the kit and maybe customise the colours a bit.  I might add some different shaded panels here and there.   I like this kit so much that I have already bough 8 more kits from this line.  Hoping these will be here by the end of the month.

This will be a slow build while I am finishing off my TSR-2MS and dealing with work.  There is some parts that need fixing from my own stupid fault.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very nice choice, if memory serves these are part of the Macross story ? If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but it seems familiar to that story. 

Not quite Dennis the Macross (Robotech) saga is a seperate series from Space battleship Yamato, both series produced some cool models.

Chris

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very nice choice, if memory serves these are part of the Macross story ? If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but it seems familiar to that story. 

Thank you Corsairfoxfouruncle.  Unforunately you memory is incorrect, Space Battleship Yamato is different to the Macross Saga, but they do have the same kinda vibe (planet threatened with annihilation).  I do have other kits on order but am waiting for them to turn up. 

14 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

Not quite Dennis the Macross (Robotech) saga is a seperate series from Space battleship Yamato, both series produced some cool models.

Chris

If we are splitting hairs here Chris, Robotech (The Macross Saga) and Macross are two totally different series.  Robotech is made up of three different tv shows that where spliced together - Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeada created by Harmony Gold in the 80's which to this day still claim onwership of those brands outside of Japan even though they lost a court case for it.  Macross is a show on and of it's own and you can tell the creators are real aviation junkies - watch Macross Plus and you will see what I mean.  I remember watching Macross as a kid and seeing what happened to Roy Fokker that was a rare thing back when I was a nipper.

Need to plan colours and such. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...