B-17D December 1941

Most of construction accomplish by a friend, Bill Ritter

Moving on from D-Day to Philippines ,but staying with natural metal:

spacer.png

Academy B-17D from Iba Airfield, Philippines  December 1941. Destroyed on ground December 8th 1941. Such a Pretty plane 

spacer.png

Alclad over gloss black, Starfighter decals (which were Great)

spacer.png

Completes Group of aircraft for Museum donation B-17,B-18,P-35 and P-40E

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking 

Comments Always welcome

Cheers

BillD

• Like 49

Lovely looking model.  Early fortresses have a more elegant charm especially in polished metal than the more rugged attractions of the F and G.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

cheers

Will

Nicely done!  The early Forts are different birds than the later ones.  Which museum will receive your airplanes?

The history of US aircraft in the Philippines at the outset of the war is interesting if sad.  I presume your P-35 has the Swedish instrumentation and manuals? 😑

The Museum is National American Defenders of Bataan & Corregidor (ADBC) Museum, Education & Research Center in Wellsburg WV.

Thanks all for the Compliments. There are some photos of the B-17 after the Japanese captured the Philippines and I like my version much better ..😉

Cheers

All

Thank You

it is Alclad Polished Aluminum over decanted Tamiya Gloss Black.  Airframe Aluminum over control surfaces and overcoat with Alclad Aqua Gloss Acrylic.

Cheers

Bill

Shark fin Fortresses are so elegant-looking and yours is the very best build of the excellent Academy kit that I have seen so far in natural metal. A shame MacArthur's failure to respond to warnings about an impending attack went unheeded, as one can only imagine how well the B-17's would have done against enemy airfields and troop concentrations. It was left to the Coastal Command early Forts to carry the torch in combat. 👍 :clap2:

Mike