Mig-21 Bison 1/72

Hi Guys,

Firstly for this project, I want to thanks two people who helped on the way, my fellow modelers Ratish and Sanjay, for their inputs which were valuable.
There are no Mig-21 Bison kits in 72 scales as of now and for that, I use the closes I could get my hand on which is the Condor Mig-21-93, the less I said about the kit it is better. Its crude, simple, details non-existence but the price was it biggest drawer.
The cockpit tub had zero details, what I did was I had some resin seat so attached it and borrowed some decals from elsewhere to make a make-believe cockpit. Once the cockpit was done I started on the body, painting the exhaust and masking it, for exhaust I use Tamiya hull red, black, and silver to make that burnt effect. Once that is done I started with the body and need some love and dedications since Indian bison has their own RW and antenna and I need to remove which is not there, I use a thin plastic card to make the necessary parts. Also, the wing flare which the kit came was just too flat and doesn't look alright so I use plastic foam and made a pair of it. For painting I use Tamiya neutral grey add white and pinch of black to get that Tipnis Grey, and quite happy with what I have done. The kit didn't have any stencils so I borrowed from elsewhere and put it there and apply a clear coat, I have to really careful cause a little coat of paint will hide the nearly invisible details on the wings and other parts. Once I m done with that the aircraft was looking a bit empty I didn't paint the drop tanks to grey instead of silver to break the monotonous grey and the kit came with R77 but pylons were missing so I scratch built it and here it is. The Mig-21 Bison 1/72 scale of the Indian Air Force. Thank you for looking,

Cheers

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 22

6 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Let me be the first to congratulate you, Tom, on a great build. I've seen a few and yours looks just like them! ;)

Martin

Thank you Martin, really appreciate the kind words

4 hours ago, RMCS said:

Lovley 

Thanks, Mate

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Nice job on this Tom, that is an attractive scheme for one of these, (he says thoughtfully. :) )

Steve.

Haha, Steve grey can sometime can be attractive for sure, Really appreciate the kind words. Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andwil said:

Nice Mig!  I agree with the others, that is an attractive shade of grey.

AW

Thanks Mate, and do really appreciate the kind words, Cheers.
Outdoor shooting
DSC-6766ll.jpg

• Like 1