1/72 Hobby Boss P-40E, 77 Squadron RAAF

johnd

Thanks. Not only is this the first group build I've managed to finish, it's also the first completed model in a while. Maybe a trip over to the KUTA build is in order to shift some of the others...

John.

Hi John,

great effort and great reward, flying paint pot notwithstanding! If things get really bad, there are always a few non-extradition countries that are worth looking into. Anything rather than facing the music!

This paint scheme is part of the three that are offered in the Academy P-40E, and I must admit I was sorely tempted. I am glad I did not, as that allows me to profit unashamedly of all your hard research re the paints used! I hate myself for being such an unscrupulous cad!

So congrats are in order!

Enjoy your next build.

JR

• Thanks 1

Thanks JR!

I think 'research' exaggerates my efforts  a little - I merely read other people's research and decided what was most likely.  The underside colour was a bit of a guess. DuPont Sky was greyer than the UK version but as I didn't have a paint chip to work off, a random mix had to suffice. If you work with enamel, Sovereign have one in their range.

Also, two things that weren't included on my model: British specification P-40s had the cranked type of pitot tube (not included in the kit) and also an external rear view mirror mounted on the windscreen frame and offset to port.

John. 

• johnd changed the title to 1/72 Hobby Boss P-40E, 77 Squadron RAAF