1/48 Eduard P-51 D-5 Mustang

Muzz

Citadel Merthil Silver, or is it Mithril Silver?

I thought that GW had remade that line of paint a few years back, which was a shame since that old Mithril Silver was awesome to paint with, and the replacement "Runefang steel" have a lot coarser grains.

Anyway, the NMF areas on your pony looks excellent!

• Like 1

They did re-formulate their pant range, I think I still have a pot of M????? Silver left. My other choice for a painted metallic finish is Tamiya AS12 Bare Metal Silver, which also suffered a change of formula a few years ago but I was lucky enough to grab three cans from my LMS ( sadly now closed ) before it happened.

John

• Like 1

On 18/10/2019 at 07:38, Christer A said:

Citadel Merthil Silver, or is it Mithril Silver?

I thought that GW had remade that line of paint a few years back, which was a shame since that old Mithril Silver was awesome to paint with, and the replacement "Runefang steel" have a lot coarser grains.

Anyway, the NMF areas on your pony looks excellent!

Ah yes sorry Mithril Silver. I have three pots of Citadel colours from a few years ago, great paints for brush painting, didnt realise they'd changed them.

• Like 1

Finally another update, yellow paint on (Mr Hobby Color H329) and a Xtreme Metals Pale Burnt Metal around the exhaust area.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Getting the decals on now, not without some issues, large stars and bars under the wing came off the backing almost as soon as it hit the water, part of it folded over on itself and stuck fast, similar problem with the ace of spades card on the side of the fuselage, it went on then refused to move, when it finally moved it folded up and was ruined. Will need to get in touch with Eduard and see if they'll send out replacements. Rest of the decals have went on fine and settled well with Daco setting solution.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 17

well you do realise that I'm blaming you for having to buy this kit 🤣 I'll be straight to the Eduard stand at Telford and tell them that you sent me

you've made a super model, if I can make one half as good I'll be well pleased

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shortCummins said:

well you do realise that I'm blaming you for having to buy this kit 🤣 I'll be straight to the Eduard stand at Telford and tell them that you sent me

you've made a super model, if I can make one half as good I'll be well pleased

rgds

John(shortCummins)

You wont regret buying it, ask them for another decal sheet for me while you’re there! I’m thinking I’ll be buying another if/when they release an RAF boxing! Thanks for the kind comments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shortCummins said:

well you do realise that I'm blaming you for having to buy this kit 🤣 

Ditto.  I ordered one off eBay this morning (and, I’m usually a “gentleman’s scale” guy) 🤣 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the comments and likes. Nearly finished, all the building is basically complete just need to add bits to the fuselage.

Prop assembly.

spacer.png

Main undercarriage.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Nice work on the paint job, the NMF looks spot on. 👍

This Eduard kit looks fantastic, I really wish I had gone that way rather than fighting with an aged Tamiya kit.

Everything I've painstakingly scratch built and modified is just there... straight out of the box.... 😂

I can still see a lot of detailing that could be done but working from a good baseline makes so much difference 😀

Great job on the build, I'll be watching to see how you approach the weathering.