Firefox Mig 31....new 1/144 injection kit!

SeaVenom

Seeing this makes me want to pick up and read my Craig Thomas books again.  It amuses me in some ways that the main character of many of Thomas’s books, Kenneth Aubrey, only has a bit part in the Firefox book. I wish they’d made more of his books into films, All The Grey Cats, The Bears Tears, Firefox Down, Winterhawk etc would have been great to see translated to the big screen.

Anyway, if this kit was 1/48 I’d be all over it. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, Work In Progress said:

No-one's going to be making any more Firefox movies, so it doesn't really matter from the point of view of protecting current and future productions

That's  a shame, because Firefox Down was a really good book.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

?? The wings are too big on what? The 1/144 kit?

Yes, read the thread I linked too. It’s all about recreating the actual models used in the film. All of the kit Firefoxes have used the same plans as a base. They even have the original blueprints of the taxiable in the thread somewhere as well, it’s worth a read.

Steve.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:02 PM, bradleygolding said:

Yes, read the thread I linked too. It’s all about recreating the actual models used in the film. All of the kit Firefoxes have used the same plans as a base. They even have the original blueprints of the taxiable in the thread somewhere as well, it’s worth a read.

Steve.

Maybe a bit big yes but the original model and that new plastic kit do look different in different photo's.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, Mike said:

Found a review/build article in that there Japanese, so I ran it through the Google mincer in case anyone fancied a look:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&tab=wT&authuser=0&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2F144hikouki.hatenablog.com%2Fentry%2F2019%2F04%2F30%2F024310

The price is a bit of a kicker, but then I suppose they probably don't expect to sell thousands and have to recoup costs :shrug:

Thanks for that.   Doesn't look too bad but one thing I wish manufacturers wouldn't do is put sprue attachments right on prominent areas.  In this case right on the tip of the nose and foreward wings, plus those attachments are quite big.   Looks better properly painted than the previous photo's we've seen and looks good next to the other jets.

Edited by SeaVenom